PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree City Pentathlon, September 25-Who's in?

ElaineK
August 25th, 2010, 05:48 PM
The Peachtree City Pentathlon applications have just come out (see attached). Let me know if you are going to be there; I'll look forward to seeing you! It's going to be a great day! :banana:

Rob Copeland
August 25th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Elaine,

Thanks for posting this:bliss:

I'll be there:cheerleader:

ElaineK
August 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Elaine,

Thanks for posting this:bliss:

I'll be there:cheerleader:

Uh, you better be, since you're running the whole darn thing! :D Anyway, you're welcome!

Hey, remember that relay team we were on together at St. Pat's? That was FUN for me! I had hoped to be on a relay team at Nationals, but I was the odd woman out. :badday: I'm hoping this time around, I'll be able to get in on a relay; especially since there aren't many of us swimming breaststroke in my age group. Looking up the rankings, Donna and I are the only ones who swam breaststroke this past year for GAJA.

I assume you will be swimming the Iron Man. :afraid: You are an animal! I :applaud: you! I will be doing the Sprinters Pentathlon... :D

I'll see you there with Bruce and our canopy. If your mom is swimming that day, let us know; we can hold a spot for her in the shade.

How many swimmers have you gotten for this meet in the past?

Good luck! :cheerleader:

Cheers! :chug:

tjburk
August 26th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hoping to make it...planning on it for now at least...

swimcat
August 26th, 2010, 04:06 PM
considering it

ElaineK
August 26th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Hoping to make it...planning on it for now at least...

I hope you make it, so I can finally meet you! :)

tjburk
August 26th, 2010, 04:23 PM
You too Elaine!!! Is the feast afterwards going to be at Karol's like usual?

ElaineK
August 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
You too Elaine!!! Is the feast afterwards going to be at Karol's like usual?

I don't know; I'm a newbie! Since I just joined USMS in February, this is my first meet in PTC. Perhaps Rob will read your post and reply... :agree:

So, if you go, which Pentathlon are you going to do? I know breaststroke is your specialty like it is mine. Promise not to look when I swim my other events! :afraid:I'm just doing the Sprinter Pentathlon, so I'm hoping for a PB in my 50 breaststroke. :D

tjburk
August 30th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Sprint...definitely...not training enough to do any more than that...LOL Sprints are fun...

ElaineK
August 30th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Sprint...definitely...not training enough to do any more than that...LOL Sprints are fun...
Awesome! I promise to :cheerleader: you on!

ElaineK
September 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
The PTC Pentathlon is one week from tomorrow. Who's going? I hope to see you there!

want2beafish
September 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
The PTC Pentathlon is one week from tomorrow. Who's going? I hope to see you there!

I went last year. It was a lot of fun, even though my times were terrible. I was hoping to be able to go again this year and swim some off events (since my expectations would be low). Unfortunately, Swim Atlanta has their SCY time trials that day, both my kids will be swimming, and I will be timing.

Donna
September 18th, 2010, 07:34 PM
After 2 weekends of meets I think I need a weekend off to repair. Besides the only event I seem to be doing well in is the 50, 100 and 200 Fly. Yes the 200 Fly I did today was good for me and did not hurt nearly as bad as normally. Placed 3rd in the senior age group out of 4 of us.

ElaineK
September 19th, 2010, 07:51 PM
After 2 weekends of meets I think I need a weekend off to repair. Besides the only event I seem to be doing well in is the 50, 100 and 200 Fly. Yes the 200 Fly I did today was good for me and did not hurt nearly as bad as normally. Placed 3rd in the senior age group out of 4 of us.

Donna, I'm sorry you won't be there! We're in the same age group and I was hoping to swim breaststroke against you. At my last meet (developmental; doesn't count), my 50 breast was at :39.69, so it would have been a good match up, probably resulting in faster times for both of us. You would have whipped me in everything else, though! :blush:

Congrats. on your fly results! I can't even swim 200 fly yet- or 100, for that matter. I'm just getting back into fly after 30 years off from swim competition, so I'm just working on my 50...

Cheers!
:chug:

ElaineK
September 19th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I went last year. It was a lot of fun, even though my times were terrible. I was hoping to be able to go again this year and swim some off events (since my expectations would be low). Unfortunately, Swim Atlanta has their SCY time trials that day, both my kids will be swimming, and I will be timing.

Sorry you won't be there, 'Fish!

Slowswim
September 20th, 2010, 04:41 PM
:sad:I can't make it, I have to work that day.

tjburk
September 21st, 2010, 09:55 AM
Not gonna make it either...will be at Callaway Gardens for a marriage retreat...

mcountryman
September 21st, 2010, 12:43 PM
I'll be there...this is my first meet that times will count. Looking forward to it and I'll see you there!

ElaineK
September 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM
Not gonna make it either...will be at Callaway Gardens for a marriage retreat...

Oh, darn! I was hoping to finally get to meet you! Enjoy the retreat and have a great weekend!

ElaineK
September 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM
I'll be there...this is my first meet that times will count. Looking forward to it and I'll see you there!

Great! See you there! :)

ElaineK
September 25th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks to Rob Copeland and his assistants for doing such a great job running this meet! It was a great day and for those who didn't make it to the meet, you missed a fun one!

Happy birthday to Rob, too! :cake:

Donna
September 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Glad you had a great time at the meet. I just needed a weekend off from competing and getting beat by my swimmers. I swam 2 kids meets the last 2 weekends.

ElaineK
September 25th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Glad you had a great time at the meet. I just needed a weekend off from competing and getting beat by my swimmers. I swam 2 kids meets the last 2 weekends.

Thanks! Hopefully, we'll meet up at another swim meet sometime. I wanted to meet you at Nationals, but everytime I came looking for you, you were somewhere else! Hopefully, at the 2011 Nats., I'll make it on a relay team this time. ;) Maybe today's 38.90 in the 50 breaststroke will keep me from being the odd woman out! :)