PDA

View Full Version : 2010 R18 & R19: Suits

LindsayNB
August 31st, 2010, 01:26 AM
R18 seems a little too radical and a little too simplistic. If you simply say that anything goes without carefully laying out restrictions you throw out any concept of fairness, it would be interesting to see the innovations that would ensue, e.g. webbed legs etc., but it would be a circus not a swimming competition.

Any proposal that doesn't at least ensure availability is a joke.

:bolt:

Redbird Alum
August 31st, 2010, 04:32 PM
Rule 18 AND Rule 19 - Suits - PLEASE, let it go! What makes us think SCY should be different? Next we'll want to allow tech suits just for 50's. :dedhorse:

thewookiee
August 31st, 2010, 05:03 PM
Rule 18 AND Rule 19 - Suits - PLEASE, let it go! What makes us think SCY should be different? Next we'll want to allow tech suits just for 50's. :dedhorse:

Agreed!

bzaks1424
August 31st, 2010, 05:10 PM

Of course if you do that - you end up with people like poor Jim who just lose all of their confidence in the water:

(From Jimslie's Invierno: Day 2 (http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?b=11307))

I got up, as is my new wont on CPAP, around 6:30 a.m., crept downstairs in my pink socks, read The Washington Post, and gave myself a pre-meet pep talk:

You suck. You are a bad, slow, pathetic worm of a swimmer. You have been deluding yourself for years thanks to those ridiculous body suits you have been wearing. You are not a swimmer at all. You are not even much of a body kayaker, but without your body kayak, it is a wonder you can swim at all. I am surprised the lifeguards let you dive in without first mandating a deep water test.