PDA

View Full Version : Eric Shanteau's Swim For Your Life (GA) -- volunteers needed

want2beafish
September 13th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Hi all -- I posted this a couple of weeks ago in the Georgia section of the forum; I hope it's OK to cross-post it here as we are still looking for a few volunteers for Sunday. We're looking mostly for staff volunteers and help with registration, but any help would be most welcomed.

I am helping to coordinate volunteers for the Eric Shanteau Swim4Your Life clinic/open water swim at Lake Lanier on September 18 & 19. We are in need of volunteers in a number of areas for those two days. Here are the needs and brief descriptions of duties:

Staff volunteers (4): Staff Volunteers will work directly with the staff. They will be "runners" for anything that might be needed on event day. 95% of errands will be on site.

Race director assistants (2): Race Director Volunteers will work directly with the race director. He might need help with coordinating with the boats in the water, timing, etc. Essentially the same job as staff volunteers.

Clinic day registration (10): These people will help get people checked in and ready to go on clinic day.

Race day registration (10): These people will help get people checked in and ready to go on race day.

Awards (3): Will work to get awards organized and help pass awards out.

Timers (4): Will work with staff to get the times/ places of finishers coming out of the water.

The volunteers on clinic day and race day would need to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the events. Awards volunteers would need to arrive at 8 a.m. All volunteers will receive a T-shirt and will be very much appreciated!

Here is a link to the event page:
http://www.shanteauopenwater.com/

If you would like to help and/or have any questions, please PM me with your contact info. Thanks so much for your help!

Kristin

want2beafish
September 18th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Day 1 was the clinic, given by Eric, Aaron Piersol, and Amanda Weir. The clinic was mostly geared towards the kids, but there was a group of masters swimmers as well. They went over not only open water techniques, but stroke technique as well (breast, back and free, obviously :)). What an opportunity, and what a great group of Olympians! They were all very gracious, joked with the participants and volunteers, and were very generous when it came to autographs and photos.

There is race day registration for tomorrow's open water races (1K and 5K) if there is anyone in the Atlanta area who is interested. Weather here is GORGEOUS this weekend -- sunny in the mid 80s and the water feels upper 70s to 80-ish. Come out and support Livestrong!