PDA

View Full Version : 2010 St Nick's Meet, Saturday, December 18

Glider
September 27th, 2010, 11:59 AM
The St. Nicks SCM swim meet for GA Masters will be Saturday, December 18, 2010 at GA Tech. Confirmed at the annual GA LMSC meeting this past Saturday.

Also, beginning in 2011, our 3 big meets, St. Pats (SCY), Classic City Masters (LCM), and St. Nicks (SCM) will be co-branded as the Georgia LMSC State Championships.

More details to come on these items shortly, I am sure...

ElaineK
September 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
The St. Nicks SCM swim meet for GA Masters will be Saturday, December 18, 2010 at GA Tech. Confirmed at the annual GA LMSC meeting this past Saturday.

Also, beginning in 2011, our 3 big meets, St. Pats (SCY), Classic City Masters (LCM), and St. Nicks (SCM) will be co-branded as the Georgia LMSC State Championships.

You beat me to it, Mark. Thanks! :D (I was going to post this meet like I have done with the others...)

I am so glad the new date for St. Nicks is December 18. Now I can go!

Hey, wasn't the PTC Pentathlon fun? It was my first time competing in one (I joined in USMS in February) and I really enjoyed it! It was also my first time competing in anything besides breaststroke, since my high school days, and my very first time competing in an outdoor pool and swimming five events. With all those cards stacked against me (especially the heat!), I wasn't too optimistic; especially about my breaststroke time, since it was my last event. But, I got a PB in the 50 breaststroke! :bliss:

So, Mark, you must have been one of the other Marks in the heat with Mark Beatty. Were you? I met Mark Beatty for the first time and I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet, as well. I'll look forward to meeting you at St. Nicks!

Cheers!
:chug:
Elaine

want2beafish
September 29th, 2010, 11:04 AM

Thanks for posting this, Mark. Also, I'm glad that we're going to have designated Georgia LMSC State Championships now. Hopefully that will be an attendance draw. It would be great to have more rest between events. :)

Glider
September 29th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Yes, I was there. Sorry I missed you. See you at St. Nicks.

You beat me to it, Mark. Thanks! :D (I was going to post this meet like I have done with the others...)

I am so glad the new date for St. Nicks is December 18. Now I can go!

Hey, wasn't the PTC Pentathlon fun? It was my first time competing in one (I joined in USMS in February) and I really enjoyed it! It was also my first time competing in anything besides breaststroke, since my high school days, and my very first time competing in an outdoor pool and swimming five events. With all those cards stacked against me (especially the heat!), I wasn't too optimistic; especially about my breaststroke time, since it was my last event. But, I got a PB in the 50 breaststroke! :bliss:

So, Mark, you must have been one of the other Marks in the heat with Mark Beatty. Were you? I met Mark Beatty for the first time and I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet, as well. I'll look forward to meeting you at St. Nicks!

Cheers!
:chug:
Elaine

Glider
September 29th, 2010, 01:44 PM
That was the thinking. Drive participation. Hopefully it has a trickle down effect.

- More people focusing on "championships"
- More people swimming at meets leading up to them
- More people training for those prep meets
- More people joining teams/workout groups
- More USMS members

GA USMS membership grew from the high 700s to just over 1000 - I attribute a lot of that to our national champs here.

Oh, and all our LMSC neighbors seem to have them as well ;-)

Thanks for posting this, Mark. Also, I'm glad that we're going to have designated Georgia LMSC State Championships now. Hopefully that will be an attendance draw. It would be great to have more rest between events. :)

ElaineK
September 29th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Yes, I was there. Sorry I missed you. See you at St. Nicks.

Were you the guy who proposed the championship idea; a very good one, by the way? I don't know if you recognized me from my avatar photo, but I was the one in the dark blue t shirt and denim shorts, sitting over at the other table.

Lump
September 29th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Maybe now I'll have a meet/something to train towards. Right now I have a REAL lack of motivation. I'll probably start back consistent hopefully next week....we SHALL see. All I know is I feel like a doughboy right now!:afraid:

Donna
September 30th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Can't come this year my boss will be at Disney on Vacation and I have to be ON-CALL! YUCK!:bitching:

Glider
December 15th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Psych sheets (http://www.atlantarainbowtrout.com/index.html) are up! See y'all there.

Donna
December 17th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Have fun and swim fast everyone. Sorry I can't be there but I am on call this weekend which keeps me in Savannah, but I will be swimming with the kids in a USA meet SCY.

Glider
December 19th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Meet results (https://www.clubassistant.com/c/7BB0607/file/Meet%20Results/2010%20st%20nick%20scm%20invitational.pdf) are up!

mcountryman
December 19th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks to the Atlanta Rainbow Trout for all the hard work that went into hosting the event! Being new to Master's swimming this fall, this was my first "real" meet. I had a fantastic time and met lots of great people.

ElaineK
December 19th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks to the Atlanta Rainbow Trout for all the hard work that went into hosting the event! Being new to Master's swimming this fall, this was my first "real" meet. I had a fantastic time and met lots of great people.

Ditto! And, great job on your swims, Marianne! :applaud:

Yesterday wasn't my day :badday:, but I'm glad you had a great one! :D I strained my left adductor (inner thigh muscle) during warm-ups, so it really tightened up during my 50 and 100 breaststroke events. By the time I needed to get ready for the 200, I couldn't even walk without it hurting. :toohurt:So, I scratched, went home and wrapped it in a heating pad. Oh well!

mcountryman
December 20th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Elaine, I was looking for you during the 200 breast and didn't see you. Sorry that you had an off day. See you next time and hope you are feeling better!