PDA

View Full Version : underwater video?

kick_start
October 7th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Hey all:

My team is thinking of making the jump and purchasing underwater video camera and set up.

any suggestions ? Last time I used one, you could mainly see the swimmer swimming at the camera (clearly) for about 4 strokes, or at about the 15 to 18 yard mark. I'd like one that could see a bit more... maybe a step up, bigger lens or whatever.

anyone buy a set up recently ?

thanks,

s

Kevin in MD
October 11th, 2010, 10:11 PM
It wasn't the camera, it was the operator.

Get a camera on a pole, then get the swimmer in the frame, when the swimmer takes off the camera man walks with them and keeps them in the frame as they walk the same speed the swimmer swims.

Front shots are a little harder, involve you holding your arm and pole out in the middle of the lane as you walk, but it is also doable.

This way you can get side, front and even rear views.

I use the coachcam, there are only a couple of others on poles that allow you to hold the pole and also see what the camera is seeing.

there are several options for cameras that you can bring under the water with you, but then you are once again stuck being stationary as the person swims by, although I suppose with a pair of fins and snorkle you could make it work.

I use the coachcam and have used it for years.

Conniekat8
October 12th, 2010, 12:36 AM
yes, we use coaches cam too. Works quite well.
http://coachcam.biz/coach_cam_models.html

I've heard of people use little woterproof digital cameras too, but don't have first hand experience with them.

Bob Hopkins
November 15th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I have been using a Power Cam from Sam VanCura in Mansfield, OH for over 10 years and it is great. I record onto a camcorder and playback to an 15 inch LCD TV on the pool deck immediately or classroom at a later time. Not only is the product great but the support from Sam has been beyond the call of duty. You can check the Power Cam out at

http://www.totalperformance.org/power-cam/power-cam

or call Sam at 877-816-8724

Contact me if you want more info

Bob Hopkins
973-729-3686
swimsmart@yahoo.com