PDA

View Full Version : Ederle Moved to 10/23

E=H2O
October 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Ederle swim has been moved back one week due to high wind conditions. Boy am I glad I wasn't doing it this year. It's hard/expensive to reschedule a cross country trip at the last minute. With the change so late I would already be there and would not be able to hang around for another week.

I hope the change doesn't affect the plans of anyone on this forum

chaos
October 15th, 2010, 11:34 AM
to think, i could have swam the suck.... checking flights to TN (i think planes go there)

i think there is only one swimmer from out of town for ederle.... way out of town hawaii.

ViveBene
October 15th, 2010, 11:43 AM
to think, i could have swum the Suck.... checking flights to TN (i think planes go there).

:D

Planes run along the road and mules pull painted clouds by on wheels.
Have a good time! What a stellar gathering of talent!

(More banjos! :applaud: )

thewookiee
October 15th, 2010, 12:13 PM
to think, i could have swam the suck.... checking flights to TN (i think planes go there)

i think there is only one swimmer from out of town for ederle.... way out of town hawaii.

Dave, southwest flies into Nashville or Birmingham(2 hour drives) Delta flies into Chattanooga(with a connection either into atlanta, memphis or cincinnati)

PM if you want the phone number of the race director. I think there were a few spots left.

chaos
October 15th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Dave, southwest flies into Nashville or Birmingham(2 hour drives) Delta flies into Chattanooga(with a connection either into atlanta, memphis or cincinnati)

PM if you want the phone number of the race director. I think there were a few spots left.

thanks wook.
i was just kidding. i'm feeling a bit travel weary these days.... maybe if chicken of the sea could commit to driving to graceland after the swim??????

E=H2O
October 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
thanks wook.
i was just kidding. i'm feeling a bit travel weary these days.... maybe if chicken of the sea could commit to driving to graceland after the swim??????

Do I sense a chink in the armor?

nhc
October 15th, 2010, 04:00 PM
What time on that day should we expect to see the swimmers at Battery Park area? I got conflicting info, one says time limit is 9 hours, that means, if starting around 5am, they should be there around 2pm. But other sources say around 4pm. Which is correct?

Hope you get good weather that day!

chaos
October 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
What time on that day should we expect to see the swimmers at Battery Park area? I got conflicting info, one says time limit is 9 hours, that means, if starting around 5am, they should be there around 2pm. But other sources say around 4pm. Which is correct?

Hope you get good weather that day!

The 2010 swim season comes to a close with the 17.5-mile Ederle Swim now scheduled for October 23, 2010. The race will start at 9:50 AM at the Battery and finish at Sandy Hook, NJ.

nhc
October 15th, 2010, 04:31 PM
The 2010 swim season comes to a close with the 17.5-mile Ederle Swim now scheduled for October 23, 2010. The race will start at 9:50 AM at the Battery and finish at Sandy Hook, NJ.

Oh, I didn't know the course has also been reversed! Maybe all the changes will make setting a record more likely? Good luck!

chaos
October 15th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Oh, I didn't know the course has also been reversed! Maybe all the changes will make setting a record more likely? Good luck!

thanks

nhc
October 23rd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Anyone watching the GPS? I can't see the right side with swimmers' names and their numbers, so I don't know who's leading and where our forum member(s) is/are. Swimmer ages range from 39 to 59, unlike other events with younger ages?

E=H2O
October 23rd, 2010, 01:06 PM
I am able to see the numbers on the map and names on the right but I do not see dave's number in the water.

evmo
October 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
I am able to see the numbers on the map and names on the right but I do not see dave's number in the water.

He's the blue arrow. Because his name is first alphabetically it defaults to showing him as the arrow. If you click on someone else's name it shows Barra's number.

E=H2O
October 23rd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks

Chicken of the Sea
October 23rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
thanks wook.

I only just saw this...
Graceland was just a bit too far, although I did get (deliberately) lost in the backwaters of Tennessee on the way back (looking for Whiskey distilleries, though I hate whiskey).

I wasted so many hours because the scenery was so beautiful that I took an extra day and went to the GRAND OLD OPRY on the way back!! I didn't even know what it was!!! Apparently it's a gift shop.

Chicken of the Sea
October 23rd, 2010, 08:19 PM
thanks wook.

And congratulations on Ederle! I'm looking forward to reading the race report.
Take tomorrow off.

nhc
October 24th, 2010, 01:11 AM
I'm late... The current GPS shows the swimmers are on top of (or inside) some buildings??:rolleyes:

Chicken of the Sea
October 24th, 2010, 02:32 PM
He's the blue arrow. Because his name is first alphabetically it defaults to showing him as the arrow. If you click on someone else's name it shows Barra's number.

I think I'm still under the George Washington Bridge

thewookiee
October 24th, 2010, 03:04 PM
II wasted so many hours because the scenery was so beautiful that I took an extra day and went to the GRAND OLD OPRY on the way back!! I didn't even know what it was!!! Apparently it's a gift shop.

Actually, the Grand Old Opry is a concert hall. Decades of country's music biggest stars have preformed there. A country music singer considers it one of the highest honors to be asked to preform at the Opry.

Unfortunately for you, the Opry is still undergoing repairs from the May flooding. The facility is hoping to be open before the end of the year.

chaos
October 25th, 2010, 09:09 PM
congrats Dave, on the season as well!

thank you mike!