NKMD
September 6th, 2003, 09:10 PM
The entry form for GRIN is available online here is the link:
OCT 25-26.
It's a great meet.

http://www.grinswim.org/GRINFC03.pdf

urban
September 7th, 2003, 04:18 PM
The meet is a great way for anyone interested in going to nationals in 2004 to get a feel for the pool and the Indianapolis area.

Plus its the only SCM (Short Course Meter) format run meet in the area within a 4-hour drive....granted the weather is driver-friendly.

HINT:::::SCM and LCM meets can garner you a top-10 FINA MASTERS WORLD RANKING------HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE....YOUR NAME----RECOGNIZED AROUND THE WORLD....

THE WORLD!!!

The meet runs quickly so you'll be in and out in no time.

Lodging is cheap and somewhrere on the discussions, Craig Paller is looking for a roomate---so there really is no excuse for not going...

that is unless you're going to a wedding and expecting the birth of your first baby right around that time.........like I am...SORRY!!!
:(

mattson
October 13th, 2003, 02:09 PM

Did Paller ever get a reply?

How were relays handled last year? Wing it when we get there, or was something organized in advance?

MPohlmann
October 13th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Illinois Masters had a great turn-out last year for the GRIN Fall Classic. We waited to see who showed up before arranging most relays, although the awesome 4-some of Cindy Jones, Mary Pohlmann, Fred Lehman and Pete Andersen was prearranged. Illinois Masters paid the relay fees. I'll bring the checkbook.

NKMD
October 20th, 2003, 10:00 PM
I just want to know who from Illinois Masters is attending GRIN this weekend?

Mark Mattson
Carl Saxton
Mary Pohlmann
John Pohlmann
Barb Delanois
Nadine KM Day
Dorothy Debolt
Kathrine Faith

MPohlmann
October 20th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Also going to the GRIN Fall Classic are Elizabeth Seyferth, Tom Maine, Herman Louw.

dorothyrd
October 20th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Julie Faith is going, not Katherine. Katherine is Julie's daughter.

We are driving over on Sunday morning, yawn!

djsfurlan
October 21st, 2003, 11:33 AM
I will be there for the Sunday events.

Dan Furlan

JRidge
October 21st, 2003, 02:10 PM
Jennifer Ridge
Bob Young
Pam Strand
Nancy Holthaus
Mary Boylan

MPohlmann
October 21st, 2003, 04:38 PM
I was just reading the fine print on the Indy entry form. It says:

No “same-day” deck entries: All entries will be seeded the day before each event so that heat sheets can be accurately prepared. Deck entries will be accepted until 5PM on Friday Oct 24 th for events on Saturday Oct. 25 th ; and until 4PM on Saturday Oct 25 th for Sunday Oct. 26 th only.

So if you are just swimming Sunday events, you would need to arrive before 4 pm Saturday in order to deck enter.

This is new this year, so I thought I'd better forewarn you.

You could also mail your entry today to get there by Saturday.

ratthedog
October 21st, 2003, 09:59 PM
Sorry Nadine, but I chose to attend the Lawrence University meet instead. No one replied to my roomy request and you can't drive down same day. That forced me to look at all my options and the WI meet has more family things to do. Not to mention that it's about 1/2 closer than Indy. So, I'm dragging my entire family to Wisconsin for the weekend. Anyway you're right, I have every intention of making those Fina files! Swim well. Craig

carlsaxton
October 24th, 2003, 04:51 PM
I think Bill Winters is planning on making it down for the meet too.