PDA

View Full Version : Singapore water polo team criticised for 'inappropriate' ...

ande
November 30th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Singapore water polo team criticised for 'inappropriate' swimming trunks (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/848499-singapore-water-polo-team-criticised-for-inappropriate-swimming-trunks#ixzz16mq2MFC1)

A water polo team were given a dressing down on Thursday for wearing trunks with an ‘inappropriate’ likeness of their state flag.

Redbird Alum
November 30th, 2010, 02:17 PM
There's nothing to see here.

Back in the late 70's Dolphin tested a "mesh" suit that you could see through for goodness sake. This is nothing. Mountains out of molehills.

fatboy
November 30th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Hilarious photo

orca1946
November 30th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Hey in the 70's didn't we all wear flags on most of our stuff??

smontanaro
November 30th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Not just on our stuff. On our junk too. :D

debaru
November 30th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Not just on our stuff. On our junk too. :D

Back in high school during the late 60's, we would wear out beloved blue jeans until they practically fell apart. We would often use American flag patches as a means to mend them and hold them together. I also remember some of the guys would use an American flag patch to fix the tears they frequently got in the crotch of their jeans. A most unusual display of patriotism to say the least.

knelson
December 1st, 2010, 10:12 AM
Hey in the 70's didn't we all wear flags on most of our stuff??

I don't think it's the flag so much as the positioning of the crescent moon on these Singapore suits!

Well, they are called banana hammocks...

lefty
December 1st, 2010, 11:01 AM
I don't think it's the flag so much as the positioning of the crescent moon on these Singapore suits!

Well, they are called banana hammocks...

I am certain that is what the flap is about. Question is, would it have been better if the crescent was in the back?

Dolphin 2
December 1st, 2010, 11:48 AM
I agree that the “placement of the symbol" is not exactly in the right spot (no pun intended), but otherwise those W-Polo suits look really cool.

However, I have to make the observation that despite some people's reservation about wearing briefs, they are in fact a lot less “revealing” than jammers or a tech suit.

Just compare the suits in the photo versus guys in jammers -with a rather pointed lump as prominent as the TransAmerica Pyramid on the San Francisco skyline!!! :bolt:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28052865@N08/5224521842/

D2

Nathan
December 3rd, 2010, 10:27 PM
Cool! I hope TYR starts selling a consumer version soon! :cheerleader: