PDA

View Full Version : On Line Entries Available for Short Course Nationals

matysekj
March 21st, 2002, 02:47 PM
The on line entry system is now available for Short Course Nationals at http://www.usms.org/comp/scnats02/onlineentry.shtml . Swimmers may enter the meet directly through their web browser and pay their entry fees using a MasterCard or Visa credit card. Swimmers are encouraged to use the on line entry system to help reduce the amount of manual entry required of the meet host. This system also helps to reduce the number of entry errors due to typos or difficulty understanding a swimmer's handwriting.

The availability of the on line entry system for this meet was delayed due to a major rewrite of the application to make it more maintainable for this meet and future meets. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Historically, most entries arrive within the last two weeks of the entry period, so we hope that this delay has not impacted many swimmers.

The on line entry deadline for this meet is April 9. That's less than 3 weeks away. Please do not wait until the end of day on the 9th to enter. If you have difficulty connecting to the site at the last minute, you may miss the entry deadline. Paper entries submitted via US Mail must be postmarked by April 2 or received by April 9.

matysekj
March 28th, 2002, 11:29 AM
FYI, the VeriSign Payment Service is currently down, so if you go through the on line entry system now you will get an error when you proceed to the payment area and will not be able to complete your entry. VeriSign has not given an estimate of when the service will be restored, but I can't imagine it being more than a few hours (if it were an extended outage, they'd go out of business in a hurry). I'll post back when I know that it is available again.

This should be a warning to the extreme procrastinators out there - don't wait until the final hours of April 9 to attempt to enter on line. You never know when a network outage will hit, and it is YOUR responsibility to get your entry in on time. If you miss the deadline due to an outage in the final hour of the entry period, you have but yourself to blame.

matysekj
March 28th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Wouldn't you know it? As soon as I post the previous message, I see that VeriSign is back on line again! If only all of life's problems worked that way - as soon as you acknowledge them, they disappear....