PDA

View Full Version : Tom Dolan offers his thoughts on the recent comebacks

ande
December 23rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Tom Dolan offers his thoughts on the recent spate of comebacks in swimming. (http://tv.swimmingworldmagazine.com/shows/the-morning-swim-show/morning-swim-show-episodes/8598#)

Redbird Alum
December 23rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
In spite of the interviewer trying to take the topic to Tom's opinion of other swimmers intents, Tom kept to his own perspective of the sport, and how the sport has enhanced the rest of his life. Very mature view.

orca1946
December 23rd, 2010, 11:48 AM
I agree. Taking one's own opinions out of an inter view is a great way to keep things on topic.

The Fortress
December 23rd, 2010, 11:53 AM
Listened to half of it and then got bored.

I kinda thought he was subtly telling others to "get a life."

Redbird Alum
December 23rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
Fort -

Agreed, but in a very diplomatic way by only referencing his own situation! I think the interviewer was trying to go for a little more pizazz, maybe to get Tom to call someone out!

evilwatersprite
January 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah, he rambled a bit ... But on a shallow note, Tom actually looks better than he did when he was competing :-) Seems way less intense now, as well. Also a good thing. His glare was a little scary back in the day.

gshaw
January 2nd, 2011, 10:17 AM

I had precisely the same reaction. As to his "appearance" (per evilsprite's comments), I had no problem at all with Dolan's intense appearance when he was a competitor. I liked it.

G Shaw

tjrpatt
January 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM

me too. But, some of these swimmers are able to profit from their "comebacks"! Have you see Torres's house on ESPN.