PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get one of these for Christmas?

sydned
December 25th, 2010, 05:28 PM
My best Christmas present.

swimshark
December 26th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I love it!

I didn't get one of those but I got my first ever swim parka. So warm and I can't wait to take it to practice tomorrow along with my new swim bag (with USMS embroidery) and new goggles :)

sydned
December 26th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Jealous! Of course, I suppose I could have my pool boy heat the car before he drives me to practice, and stand at the edge of the pool with a warmed towel. The possibilities are endless.

Enjoy your new goodies!

Bobinator
December 26th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I am going to buy myself a parka! I've always wanted one and since we no longer get locker room time it would be nice to throw over my wet suit for my 20 minute ride home!

nkfrench
December 26th, 2010, 01:17 PM
My best Christmas present.
The shirt or the pool boy? :)

sydned
December 26th, 2010, 02:56 PM
The cute pool boy, of course. I've had him at my service for almost 20 years, but never in an appropriate uniform before. :)

orca1946
December 26th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Do they have pool girls ?:D:applaud:

sydned
December 27th, 2010, 12:20 PM
With the magic of iron-ons, they have any kind of pool friend you could wish for. :)

swimshark
December 27th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I am going to buy myself a parka! I've always wanted one and since we no longer get locker room time it would be nice to throw over my wet suit for my 20 minute ride home!

I wore mine today at our bubbled-in pool and it's 31 here with a wind chill of around 10. The parka was awesome. The only thing cold on me were my hands.

Now if I could get a towel warmer and a pool boy to hand it to me, I'd be set!

sydned
December 28th, 2010, 09:37 PM
If we combined our gifts, it would be the perfect combination. And you don't need the towel warmer if you have the pool boy. That's his job.

evilwatersprite
December 29th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Before I left DC for Xmas, I bought my present(s) to myself: a Speedo parka with my team logo on it and tall grey Uggs. If I am gonna be defrosting the car at 4 a.m., I'm going to be warm while I do it!

I avoided Uggs for the longest time and still think they're ugly, but damn if Katie Hoff and every teenage female swimmer aren't on to something. Toasty without making your feet sweat. I've been living in them during my week in Cincy.

I miss my fleecy parka but I found my sister's old-school fuzzy pile lining parka in my parents' hall closet. Been using it to go back and forth to the pool and walk the dogs. The zipper has ripped and I found hay in the pockets (also makes a good barn coat) so I probably look like a bag lady, but that's OK because I'm warm.

BTW, the other day, I lost the "swim team cap from furthest away" contest to a girl from FAST, who definitely lived up to her team name. Turned out to be Emily Brunemann, who beat Chloe Sutton in the 400 free last summer. That made me feel a little better about the thorough manner in which she kicked my ass.

3strokes
December 29th, 2010, 07:26 AM
With the magic of iron-ons, they have any kind of pool friend you could wish for. :)

Iron-on? That is very cruel.
How about easy-to-peel decals or false tattoos?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year one and all

swimshark
December 29th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Before I left DC for Xmas, I bought my present(s) to myself: a Speedo parka with my team logo on it and tall grey Uggs. If I am gonna be defrosting the car at 4 a.m., I'm going to be warm while I do it!

I got Uggs, too. But I'm saving them for walking around, not at the pool.

orca1946
December 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Not high fashion, but warm :D

sydned
December 31st, 2010, 12:26 PM
If my pool boy is going to get a tattoo, it's going to be the real deal. And my name would be bigger. :)

debaru
January 7th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I love it!

I didn't get one of those but I got my first ever swim parka. So warm and I can't wait to take it to practice tomorrow along with my new swim bag (with USMS embroidery) and new goggles :)

Santa finally brought my new swim parka this past Monday. This is my first one and I ordered the size based on the vendor's chart. I've heard they tend to run a bit large. Is this true? Mine isn't overly huge, but the arms are a bit long and the shoulders make me look like a linebacker. :D

swimshark
January 7th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Santa finally brought my new swim parka this past Monday. This is my first one and I ordered the size based on the vendor's chart. I've heard they tend to run a bit large. Is this true? Mine isn't overly huge, but the arms are a bit long and the shoulders make me look like a linebacker. :D

I have a small and it's still big on me. I think they do run big. Congrats on your new parka. I'm looking forward to wearing mine tomorrow morning when it will be in the 20's tomorrow.

debaru
January 9th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I have a small and it's still big on me. I think they do run big. Congrats on your new parka. I'm looking forward to wearing mine tomorrow morning when it will be in the 20's tomorrow.

Thanks, Alison. It's been pretty cold here in Arizona, with the lowest morning temp being 25 degrees. In the mornings, I slip out of bed, pull on my parka and step outside with my dog, so it is definitely going to be used in more ways than one. But, having it for those cold evenings at the pool is great.