PDA

View Full Version : St. Pat's meet in March

ElaineK
December 26th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Does anybody know which weekend the St. Pat's meet will be, in March? How about which weekends in March it definitely WON'T be? That would help a lot, too! (My husband and I are applying to 2011 craft shows, so we are in a holding pattern, for the March shows... :waiting:

Happy new year! May you all achieve personal bests in your 2011 races! (Except for those of you gals swimming breaststroke in the 45-49 age group... :D )

Cheers!
:chug:

want2beafish
December 26th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Hi Elaine,

My best guess is that it will be the weekend of March 26th-27th, as that's when it was last year. It won't be the weekend of the 19th-20th, as there's an age group meet at Dynamo that weekend. It's not on the Dixie Zone site or the Dynamo masters site yet, but I'll bet it will be soon.

Good luck to you this year! I just aged up to 45-49, but you don't have to worry about me as I am CERTAINLY not a breaststroker!! :)

Kristin

hnatkin
December 27th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Kristin - Thanks for the tip. Since it's not going to be St Pat's weekend, I can swim at the Boston meet and at Dynamo!
By the way - got the Lazr and you are right, it's bigger in the thighs and I don't like the bunching. I'm sending it back and getting another B70.

ElaineK
December 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Good luck to you this year! I just aged up to 45-49, but you don't have to worry about me as I am CERTAINLY not a breaststroker!! :)

Kristin

Thanks, Kristin! Good luck to you, as well! And, even if you were a breaststroker, I would still wish you good luck. :cheerleader: Thanks for the info., by the way; that helps!

ElaineK
December 27th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Kristin - Thanks for the tip. Since it's not going to be St Pat's weekend, I can swim at the Boston meet and at Dynamo!
By the way - got the Lazr and you are right, it's bigger in the thighs and I don't like the bunching. I'm sending it back and getting another B70.

Hey Heidi! How did St. Nick's go for you? I hope you hit some PB's! :cheerleader: You were right about my muscle strain. I layed off breaststroke until Friday, then did just a couple of very slow, easy 50s. Today was my first day to swim race pace; but just for the 200. And, I still kept my kick at 50%. I feel fine, so I'll give my race pace 50 a try tomorrow and work up slowly.

Happy new year!
:chug:

hnatkin
December 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM
It's easy to post PBs in SCM since I hardly ever get to swim it. Kristen and I had a really good race for the 800 (we got to swim next to each other) and my 50 breast was ok. The other races were slower times than I posted in oct in charlotte.
Glad you are feeling better.

want2beafish
December 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM

Heidi, I really think the two suits are similar; it's just a matter of which one fits you better. I like the fit of the B70 better for shorter races because it's tighter, but I think the center seam would drive me nuts in a 1500/1650. I'll probably keep rotating the suits.

Thanks, Kristin! Good luck to you, as well! And, even if you were a breaststroker, I would still wish you good luck. :cheerleader: Thanks for the info., by the way; that helps!

Thanks, Elaine! See you at St. Pat's!

It's easy to post PBs in SCM since I hardly ever get to swim it. Kristen and I had a really good race for the 800 (we got to swim next to each other) and my 50 breast was ok. The other races were slower times than I posted in oct in charlotte.
Glad you are feeling better.

The 800 was great -- we both pushed each other. I'm definitely happy with that race. And I was lucky to be able to swim next to Allison in the 200. That helped both of us, too. Wish I had been in a closer lane to you for the 400 -- it might have helped us fight through the fatigue. I was toast by then.

mcountryman
May 11th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Does anyone know if our events from St. Pat's will be included in the event rankings and added to our list of swims on USMS? I like that feature, as it makes it easy for me to track my progress.

Lump
May 11th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know if our events from St. Pat's will be included in the event rankings and added to our list of swims on USMS? I like that feature, as it makes it easy for me to track my progress.

I emailed Ed Saltzman about a month and a half ago about it. He's dragging his feet for whatever reason. You can let Donna Hooe know and she'll get after it.