PDA

View Full Version : Goggle question.

MamaJo
December 27th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Last fall I started swimming again for the first time in over 20 years. It seems that I have a larger than average nose and all of the goggle I have tried cut into the bridge of my nose and become quite painful by the end of practice. Any suggestions on what brand or type I should look for. I have been looking online but the plethora of choices is overwhelming.

That Guy
December 28th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Speedo Bajas work for me. I have had similar problems with other models.

[Submit Reply]

Oh wait, I almost forgot. :bouncing::cheerleader::anim_coffee::chug::bump::a rgue:

fmracing
December 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Swedes.

Little rubber "straw" piece feels good on the nose and would adjust to even fit toucan sam's nose if needed.

ElaineK
December 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Oh wait, I almost forgot. :bouncing::cheerleader::anim_coffee::chug::bump::a rgue:

Whewww, thanks, That Guy! A post by you just wouldn't be the same without 'em! :bliss:

ALM
December 29th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Kelly,

It sounds like you need to look for goggles that have an adjustable nosepiece. I have found that making the nosepiece narrower or wider has a huge impact on both comfort and leakage.

I wear the TYR Racetech goggles. They are an old style that has been around for years. Several of our sponsors sell them; I think the last time I bought them I got them through SwimOutlet.com.

Anna Lea

orca1946
December 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I can't use sweds , they smash my eyes & my contacts won't stay on.
Most new goggles have a set of nose pieces to fit noses of all sizes .