PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Day Workout Thread

That Guy
January 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
My New Year’s workout was kind of odd. I left my house at 7:33 so I could be at the gym right when it opened (the late opening is due to the holiday). The roads are clear but the shoulders and bike lanes are still icy from a light snow Wednesday night. There are 3 bike tire marks in the snow/ice in the shoulder on the main road near my house: 1 made by me today, 1 made by me yesterday, and 1 made by me Thursday. Nobody else has been out there since the snow! I got to the gym right on time and was the 1st one in the water. :applaud:

1 x 775 IM stroke drill on 13:15
1 x 375 backstroke on 5:55
1 x 175 freestyle w/ 7 beat kick on 3:15
3 x 75 easy w/ all back-to-breast turns on 1:15
3 x 175 IM on 3:15
1 x 75 easy w/ all back-to-breast turns on 1:55
13 x 75 fly w/ 7+ SDK, 7-9 stroke count, breathe every other stroke on 1:55
1 x 75 ALL-OUT freestyle w/ 7 beat kick on 1:55
1 x 375 easy w/ all back-to-breast turns on 7:19

:banana:
Date: 1/1/11
Yards: 3,575
Fly: 1,175
Pool Time: 1:11:59
:bliss:
After the workout, I did a short weight workout (only 3 exercises, 15 reps per set), did 111 crunches, biked back home (total bike miles: 11.79. Slooooow miles because of the ice), and then ran 1.75 miles around our neighborhood park.
:agree:
Total workout time: 3:13:33
:anim_coffee:
Like I said, it was kind of odd. :agree: How was your New Year's Day workout? :cheerleader:Smilie count: 7

Queen
January 1st, 2011, 04:37 PM
Congrats, but I am so dang jealous!!! My pool is at the local University and it's been closed for almost two weeks... won't open again until the 8th. I'm losing my mind. :sad:

ElaineK
January 1st, 2011, 06:48 PM
Smilie count: 7

:applaud:

Happy 2011, That Guy! I took a much-needed complete day off from all exercise; something I rarely do. Tomorrow, I'm back in the pool for a nice, long swim session and video of my strokes (courtesy of my very patient husband...). :bliss:

Cheers!
:chug:

P.S. :smooch: :wine: :wiggle::lmao::groovy: :cool: Why stop at 7??? :D

Lump
January 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
My "odd" 1/1/11 workout has consisted of:

-Getting out of bed at 10:17
-Watching 3 Bowl Games
-Taking a nap for 1 hr 15 min
-Eating 1.5 pieces of Turtle Cheesecake

Its my final weekend of glutony! My own personal boot camp starts Monday AM.:weightlifter:

Karl_S
January 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM
200x(
blow nose,
discard soaked tissue)

Actually I lost count, but I've plowed through several boxes of tissues over the past two days.

jaadams1
January 1st, 2011, 07:54 PM
I got to the gym right on time and was the 1st one in the water. :applaud:

:bliss:
:agree:
:anim_coffee:
:agree: :cheerleader:Smilie count: 7

Out of all the meets I've been to with you so far, I've yet to see anyone beat you into the water for warmups. :bow:

debaru
January 1st, 2011, 08:10 PM
I got to the gym right on time and was the 1st one in the water.
How was your New Year's Day workout?

Wow! You are to be commended for getting out there in the cold weather and working out. :applaud:

My first workout of the year consisted of joining the gang at Mesa Aquatics this morning to swim their New Year's Day 100 x 100s. Of course other variations are allowed, so I joined a group swimming LCM 50 x 50s. I was almost done and one of the guys swimming with me commented that he had hit 50, but was doing one more to commemorate his 51st birthday! :cake:

I decided right then and there that I would do the same (even though it's not my birthday), so I swam 56 LCM 50s. I think I'll make this my own New Year's tradition. :agree:

Oh, and was it cold! When I got to the pool, it was 37 degrees outside. I must say, the 80 degree water felt really warm. Getting out was not fun, as the wind had picked up. But, all in all, a great way to start the New Year.

Happy New Year everyone. :party2:

That Guy
January 1st, 2011, 09:29 PM
Happy 2011, That Guy! I took a much-needed complete day off from all exercise; something I rarely do.

Thanks Elaine! I haven't taken a total day off from exercise in years. What's it like? :dunno:

And James, if you get in the water for meet warmup before me, you just might get in trouble :)

ElaineK
January 2nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks Elaine! I haven't taken a total day off from exercise in years. What's it like? :dunno:

You're still just a kid! :D I have several years on you at 48. I have also been through quite a bit, physically, with my various surgeries and medical issues; thanks to my genetics and body type. (I'm definitely my father's daughter!) So, I need to :chillpill: from time to time and let my body heal. I am always more motivated mentally and emotionally than my body is able! :cane:

That Guy
January 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM
If I'm just a kid then what does that make James? :bolt:

jaadams1
January 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
If I'm just a kid then what does that make James? :bolt:

Your daddy :D

:rofl:

I'm only 3 years younger...