PDA

View Full Version : GTD only accessible as a paid member of USMS?

lapswim
January 7th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hi, is my being able to use track my swimming with FLOG and subsequently participate in GTD only accessible to me if I become a paid member of USMS?

I'm somewhat confused by the statement on the GTD 2011 front-page:

"There is no cost to enter GTD. You may register for GTD through your FLOG in the My USMS section of the website. Your FLOG allows you to to track all your fitness activity, not just swimming, while simultaneously participating in GTD. Once you've entered GTD, your results are automatically included in the daily summary reports, and your milestone awards are sent directly to you."

Thanks!
-Abretta

matysekj
January 7th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Hi, is my being able to use track my swimming with FLOG and subsequently participate in GTD only accessible to me if I become a paid member of USMS?

Yes, that's correct. Go The Distance is an event held by USMS with the cooperation and contributions of one of our sponsors solely for the benefit of USMS members.

[QUOTE=lapswim;233258]I'm somewhat confused by the statement on the GTD 2011 front-page:

"There is no cost to enter GTD. You may register for GTD through your FLOG in the My USMS section of the website. Your FLOG allows you to to track all your fitness activity, not just swimming, while simultaneously participating in GTD. Once you've entered GTD, your results are automatically included in the daily summary reports, and your milestone awards are sent directly to you."

I'm not sure what part of that is confusing to you, so here's a try at clarification:

GTD and the FLOGs are only available to currently registered USMS members.
Members can only sign up for GTD via their FLOG, so they will have to set up their FLOG first.
GTD is an annual event. GTD 2010 ran from January 1 through December 31, 2010 and is now over. Those who wish to continue with the GTD series need to enter the GTD 2011 event.
Once you are entered in the GTD event, there is nothing else to do for the event except for logging your swim distances in your FLOG. All of the swim distances that you log in your FLOG are applied to your GTD event entry automatically.
When you reach one of the milestones that have an award associated with it, you will receive that award in the mail (or email for gift certificates) automatically.

lapswim
January 9th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Got it, thanks!