PDA

View Full Version : Head Masters Coach Wanted - Bay Area

Katieelgaaen
January 31st, 2011, 10:44 AM
Position Filled

GGS5T
March 27th, 2011, 04:57 AM
It doesn't take much to be courteous.

A reply to some of those who have applied for this position, would be nice.

If you are going to take advantage of advertising on these boards, please have the decency to reply to applicants.

Katieelgaaen
March 27th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I am very sorry I did not reply to your email. I truely did think I got back to everyone is a timely manner.

The position is now filled.

Thank you

GGS5T
March 28th, 2011, 05:58 AM
I work as Director of Coaching for Europe’s largest masters training camp and I am regularly on the lookout for experienced coaches.

Firstly, when a coach applies for a position, he expects, and gets, acknowledgement that his application has been received.

Secondly, I always let the the coach know if he has been successful or not. But, hey, we’re in America now where it seems courtesy and respect isn’t widely appreciated.

Brian Stack
March 29th, 2011, 12:04 AM
But, hey, we’re in America now where it seems courtesy and respect isn’t widely appreciated.

What is courteous and respectful about that?
She apologized and took responsibility, if you need to say more you could do it in a private email.
Seems you don't really know much about America or Americans.

GGS5T
March 29th, 2011, 04:15 AM
She apologized and took responsibility,

When coaches applied for this position three month's ago, they should have had acknowledgment that their application had been received. Then, when the new coach had been appointed, a letter should have sent out, explaining that the position had been filled.

This is how it should have been done. I am sure, Brian, you will agree.

Again, Brian, I am sure you will agree that the apology came only after I had mentioned it here.

I would hope that other clubs who will advertise here for a coach, follow the correct procedure.

JPSWMCCH
March 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I work as Director of Coaching for Europe’s largest masters training camp and I am regularly on the lookout for experienced coaches.

Firstly, when a coach applies for a position, he expects, and gets, acknowledgement that his application has been received.

Secondly, I always let the the coach know if he has been successful or not. But, hey, we’re in America now where it seems courtesy and respect isn’t widely appreciated.

And I like to think that many coaches can be "she(s)" as well, in the US and everywhere. I would like to think that many swimmers respect and treat me with courtesy as a woman coach in America...and everywhere!

SLOmmafan
March 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Come on now, as with any job if you receive no response to an emailed resume you can simply "pick up the phone" after a few days and check in.

I could understand being upset if multiple attempts at contact were made to no avail, but this seems like a simple case of something being overlooked.

GGS5T
March 29th, 2011, 02:20 PM
... this seems like a simple case of something being overlooked.

Do you know if other applicants for this job didn't receive a reply?