PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuits for training...

Atlantic
February 2nd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Hi,
Last summer I overly enjoyed my first year swimming in open water events. This year, I am going to start training earlier - and that means swimming in colder water. I am looking for a wetsuit for practice only. I have heard of BlueSeventy and Xterra suits, but was wondering if there were others out there that aren't as pricey and can do the job.

Thanks!

ALM
February 2nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
We have been testing wetsuits for the March/April issue of SWIMMER magazine. Most of the brands that we tested offer wetsuits in a variety of price ranges.

The brands we tested were: Blueseventy, Aquasphere, Orca, 2XU, Xterra, TYR, and ProMotion. Check out their web sites to see what they offer.

E=H2O
February 2nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
I own 2 Xterra suits and love them. They sell direct to the customer and are constantly having sales. Their current one is the Volt for $99.00 use coupon code 2011VOLT. Go to their website and sign up for future offers.

There are many options for you, however, the best wetsuit is one that fits you the best. Xterra has very good customer service so returning them is not a problem, just be very careful when trying them on (true of all swim wetsuits). I found their size chart to be accurate. The suit should feel very tight on before you get in the water. Just my 2 bits.

Atlantic
February 2nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
I own 2 Xterra suits and love them. They sell direct to the customer and are constantly having sales. Their current one is the Volt for $99.00 use coupon code 2011VOLT. Go to their website and sign up for future offers.

There are many options for you, however, the best wetsuit is one that fits you the best. Xterra has very good customer service so returning them is not a problem, just be very careful when trying them on (true of all swim wetsuits). I found their size chart to be accurate. The suit should feel very tight on before you get in the water. Just my 2 bits.

Thank you! I went ahead and bought a Volt. There were tons of reviews out there and it looks like it's a great starter suit. Thank you so much for the coupon code! I really appreciate it - and I love a sale! Now I am super excited for open water!

Thanks again! :D