PDA

View Full Version : Here goes

drgdclark
February 3rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Jumping in to masters swimming and competing. This is about as comfortable as the first few minutes in the pool during a December workout.

Really enjoying getting into shape and setting goals for myself.

One question for the group - where can I find sprinter workouts. Most of the workouts I've seen are for longer yardage sets.

Thanks,
Greg

Bobinator
February 3rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Go to the Blog section and check out The Fortress Blog. She is a drop-dead sprinter and an awesome blogger! There's lots of great interaction in the comment section there too!

Speedo
February 3rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
I'd check out this thread- search for fast friday workouts: Tall Pauls Favorite Workouts and/or Sets - U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums

Also, this chick is fast and blogs her sprintish workouts: http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?u=4677

Good luck!

couldbebetterfly
February 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Jumping in to masters swimming and competing.

Are you entering the ROT meet in Dallas at the end of the month?

gigi
February 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Last year Jackie Hirsty was an online coach in the Workouts section here at USMS and she had a sprinter workout every week (I think).

Good luck!

bzaks1424
February 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Don't forget to balance your workouts. You'll want a combination of both sprinting and endurance not to mention rest (my favorite part!) to perform optimally throughout the years.

Michael Heather
February 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Depends on your goals. If you are never going to swim (in competition) anything over 100, by all means, prepare accordingly. I have found that it gets kind of tedious swimming all sprints all the time. Even in workouts. But you know what you want to do. Sprinters also need a lot of flexibility and strength training, so prepare for the weight room while you're at it.