PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Augusta...need swim contacts

Cmonster
February 9th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I posted this in the zones area too.

I'm moving to Augusta on Feb 20th. I'm a pretty decent swimmer with a habit for long open water. I'm also into Ironman. I see a masters team down there but, I don't know much else. Can anyone help me out a bit? I really need to find a workout on feb21 or feb22 to start.

HELP!

aquageek
February 9th, 2011, 09:49 AM
http://www.gasswim.com/masters.htm

If the Masters team doesn't work for you they have some excellent AG teams there as well.

Cmonster
February 9th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I sent them an e-mail last week with no reply yet. I'm hoping to have my kids in the water too.

I guess I'm just looking for open water swims and an organized (competitive) team. I swim with a pretty strong group up here in Ohio. However, I have visited others masters teams and it was literally 3 people doing 100's for 20 minutes barely making a 2:00 sendoff. Hopefully they have a drop in allowance down there.

Thanks.

aquageek
February 9th, 2011, 10:00 AM
There are plenty of OW events in the South in the Summer. There are also a number of competitive tri groups in the Augusta area. Hopefully you can find something as good as you have it in Ohio.

Cmonster
February 9th, 2011, 10:32 AM
There are plenty of OW events in the South in the Summer. There are also a number of competitive tri groups in the Augusta area. Hopefully you can find something as good as you have it in Ohio.

I do have it very good here but, the potential to meet new people and have new challenges is really exciting and scary. I am an overplanner. I'm sure it's all going to be awesome but, until i get there I am trying to gather as mush info as possible.