PDA

View Full Version : Racing/Tech Caps

Atlantic
February 11th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I know that our Swimmer magazine had the big article about all the different caps, but I'd like some feedback from you all about the racing caps only. I have a feeling that I'm going to need to wear a latex cap underneath (silicone actually SLINGSHOTS off of my head after a 50). I've done some research and it looks like the racing caps are fitting really tight? Will I be able to double cap ok? I won't be competing in anything above a 200. I'm female and I have a pretty good sized head... any advice? I should add that I've been considering the Speedo Aqua-V (large size), the TYR Tracer, and the Nike Dome caps.

orca1946
February 11th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Silicone caps are what I wear in big meets, none for reg meets.
Is it legal to wear 2 caps now?

Allen Stark
February 11th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Double capping is legal(the rule is vague,but officials tell me it is.)I double cap as silicone caps fly off my head too.The large Aqua-V fits me fine.The only problem I have is ,with 2 caps on I sometimes have trouble hearing the starters commands(but my family tells me I'm deaf anyway.)

JimRude
February 11th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Ditto to what Allen said about legality. The Aqua V is a great cap, but I have switched to the TYR Tracer as part of my boycott of the evil empire...

ande
February 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hey there

I race in the Speedo Aqua V Cap
it's a great cap
wrote this SFF Tip

Tip 228 V-lieve it or Not

Ande

I know that our Swimmer magazine had the big article about all the different caps, but I'd like some feedback from you all about the racing caps only. I have a feeling that I'm going to need to wear a latex cap underneath (silicone actually SLINGSHOTS off of my head after a 50). I've done some research and it looks like the racing caps are fitting really tight? Will I be able to double cap ok? I won't be competing in anything above a 200. I'm female and I have a pretty good sized head... any advice? I should add that I've been considering the Speedo Aqua-V (large size), the TYR Tracer, and the Nike Dome caps.

Atlantic
February 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks all - looks like the AquaV is popular!

lapswimmr
February 13th, 2011, 07:21 PM
The Nike Swift was a good racing cap. I have seen them , but dont know if they are still made. It came down low on the sides like the Tyr Tracer and Speedo Aqua V

Atlantic
February 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM
The Nike Swift was a good racing cap. I have seen them , but dont know if they are still made. It came down low on the sides like the Tyr Tracer and Speedo Aqua V

I went ahead and bought the Swift cap! It's so cool! It actually made my head look smaller! LOL! The latex cap is a must under it... but boy was my head WARM! However, I can tell that this kind of cap is going to make a difference in competition - WOW!

THANK U!