PDA

View Full Version : How do I improve my breaststroke?

maddyj413
February 13th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on improving my breaststroke. I am currently 17 and I swim four times a week. I have a huge meet on February 25th, but unfortunately I will only be able to attend two practices until then. I currently have a 38.5 on my 50 yards breaststroke and 1:23.83 on my 100 yards breaststroke. Is there anything I can do (in or out of the water) to improve these times? Any tips or workouts would be appreciated. Thanks!

ElaineK
February 13th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on improving my breaststroke. I am currently 17 and I swim four times a week. I have a huge meet on February 25th, but unfortunately I will only be able to attend two practices until then. I currently have a 38.5 on my 50 yards breaststroke and 1:23.83 on my 100 yards breaststroke. Is there anything I can do (in or out of the water) to improve these times? Any tips or workouts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes! Read "The Breaststroke Lane" thread on the forums:
The Breastroke Lane - U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums

Read the entire thread; the best breaststroke tips are here; especially from Allen Stark, the King Frog! :D

Good luck!
:cheerleader:

ande
February 14th, 2011, 10:55 AM
hello Maddy,

you want to improve your breastroke but
you're only able to swim in 2 practices between now and Feb 25th,
that's 11 DAYS!
find a way to swim on your own on the days you can't make practice
5 or 6 times a week would be ideal
you don't need to do much, here's a sample work out:

400 warm up

kick br 200 easy, then
8 x 25 on 45 or 50
odds FAST
evens EASY

swim
8 x 25 concentrating on perfect form, then
8 x 25
odds fast
evens easy

rest 4 to 5 minutes

50 BR fast REALLY FAST

50 Br easy

you could even warm up less
do the best you can with what you have

concentrate on pushing off harder and streamlining better to GLIDE further off each wall

get a speedy suit

you could also lift weights and do exercises

watch youtubes of the best breastrokers and copy their technique
y

more

http://www.usms.org/forums/showpost.php?p=232147&postcount=339

I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on improving my breaststroke. I am currently 17 and I swim four times a week. I have a huge meet on February 25th, but unfortunately I will only be able to attend two practices until then. I currently have a 38.5 on my 50 yards breaststroke and 1:23.83 on my 100 yards breaststroke.

Is there anything I can do (in or out of the water) to improve these times? Any tips or workouts would be appreciated. Thanks!