PDA

View Full Version : Tech suit question mainly for women re: B70 Nero Comp

want2beafish
February 15th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Hey, I was just wondering what kind of SCY time differences (if any) those of you who wore the B70 Nero Comp are noticing between that suit and the current kneeskins. Have you noticed a difference between certain strokes, and sprints vs. mid-distance and distance events? Just curious to see how much of my time increases this season might be due to the suit, and how much might be due to me just being plain slower. :)

Karlene
February 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
2011 vs. 2010 at Auburn SCY meet. Early season meet and no reduction in training prior to meet either year, so a good comparison. 2011 in NeroTx and 2010 in NeroComp Kneeskin

50 free - 0.4 sec. slower
50 back - 1.3 sec. slower
100 back - 2.0 sec. slower
100 IM - 1.5 sec. slower
100 free - 0.1 sec. slower
200 free - same
200 back - 1.1 sec. faster
500 free - 2.8 sec. faster

I'm definitely more trained for distance right now. My sprinting would be off, no matter what suit I wore. Biggest difference I felt was in the backstroke with the open back vs. the zippered high neck suit.

I was thrilled to swim as fast or faster in the NeroTX for 3 of my events. Gives me hope for when I taper!

want2beafish
February 16th, 2011, 07:54 PM
2011 vs. 2010 at Auburn SCY meet. Early season meet and no reduction in training prior to meet either year, so a good comparison. 2011 in NeroTx and 2010 in NeroComp Kneeskin

50 free - 0.4 sec. slower
50 back - 1.3 sec. slower
100 back - 2.0 sec. slower
100 IM - 1.5 sec. slower
100 free - 0.1 sec. slower
200 free - same
200 back - 1.1 sec. faster
500 free - 2.8 sec. faster

I'm definitely more trained for distance right now. My sprinting would be off, no matter what suit I wore. Biggest difference I felt was in the backstroke with the open back vs. the zippered high neck suit.

I was thrilled to swim as fast or faster in the NeroTX for 3 of my events. Gives me hope for when I taper!
Thanks for the feedback, Karlene. It's good to know that you're having fast swims in the Nero TX. I was at Auburn as well, and didn't have that great of a meet. Times were a bit slower than they were in Atlanta, and a little off my Auburn times from last year. However, I didn't taper for this year's Auburn, and last year our coach gave us a full taper. Maybe that's the main difference. I hope.

If I knew it was a combination of the suit and no taper, I'd be fine with the time increases. It's difficult to gauge, though, when two of the variables are different. I also had a full leg Nero Comp, which might have also been a factor.

You probably have no idea who I am, but I met you in Puerto Rico and enjoyed chatting with you. I did see you at Auburn as well -- are you going to swim LCM Nats there this year?

Karlene
February 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Kristin, there should be a big difference between tapered and untapered swims. I'm sure you're right on track. I do remember meeting you in PR. Both my husband and I will be at Auburn in August. Swims for me, golf for him.

want2beafish
February 17th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Kristin, there should be a big difference between tapered and untapered swims. I'm sure you're right on track. I do remember meeting you in PR. Both my husband and I will be at Auburn in August. Swims for me, golf for him.
Hopefully so; interested to see how a taper affects things this year. See you again in August!

ElaineK
February 17th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Karlene, it's nice to put a face and personality with the avatar! Great meeting you at Auburn; thanks for watching my (horrible!) 200 and surprising me with my splits! (I was so beat from not being able to sleep well and swimming too many days in a row, I was pooped out on the 200; 11 seconds off my pb!)

I'll look forward to seeing both you and Kristin in August! And, Kristin, I'll see you at St. Pat's! :banana: