PDA

View Full Version : Open Water Conference-SF Bay swim

Chicken of the Sea
February 19th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Is anyone interested in swimming from the Golden Gate Bridge to Aquatic Park in San Francisco either Friday 18th or Monday 21st March??

Our esteemed fellow forumite, Chaos, has been in contact with Leslie Thomas of SwimArt and things look good for a swim!

"I can accommodate as many people as are interested - up to 60 probably. Different speeds are ok. Private kayak also available.

Price would be $100 to $140 depending on the range of speeds, number of people, etc. +$40 for private kayaker.

Friday - jump at 8:00 am (meet at Aquatic Park, ready to go, at 7:00 am)
Monday - jump at 9:45 am (meet at Aquatic Park, ready to go, at 8:45 am)"

Anyone interested in this please contact Chaos at dvdbarra@yahoo.com

Chicken of the Sea
February 19th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I forgot to mention, an Alcatraz swim can't be attempted at the moment as the island prison is off limits, having recently reopened to accommodate an overflow of recalcitrant USMS forumites.

ViveBene
February 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM
What distance?

Gosh, March 19 last year I got in the lake. Up here. Sweet sunny north.
:)

Chicken of the Sea
February 19th, 2011, 08:20 PM
What distance?

Gosh, March 19 last year I got in the lake. Up here. Sweet sunny north.
:)

About 5k (I think). Good Friday was my first plunge last year. Hope to get in a little sooner this year, if only for a minute!

Chicken of the Sea
February 27th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Looks like we're on for Friday 18th, Golden Gate to Aquatic Park. Contact Chaos or myself for details.
BTW if anyone's interested in sharing a room for the Thursday night I have space. The cheaper USMS rate isn't available that night!

ViveBene
February 27th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Yay! Have a wonderful time! A privatized swim - the best!
:applaud:

lynnwa
March 5th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Have fun; sounds like a great time - I wish I could go! San Fran is one of my favorite places to visit and swim!

Chicken of the Sea
March 5th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Have fun; sounds like a great time - I wish I could go! San Fran is one of my favorite places to visit and swim!

If you can get there for any of the days I have room! SF Bay swim on Friday morning and I think there's also one planned for Sunday morning (not sure where that one is)

ourswimmer
March 18th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks very much for putting this little get-together together!

Ahelee Sue Osborn
March 21st, 2011, 02:19 PM
Nice Monday morning playback of The Open Water Safety Conference by Gordon Gridley:

http://gordsswimlog.blogspot.com/2011/03/1st-annual-open-water-safety-conference.html

orca1946
March 25th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Being from Chicagoland, I can only dream os warmer water right now !!:bow: