PDA

View Full Version : pre-race rituals

coachkopie
February 21st, 2011, 01:58 PM
sinewy muscles shake. swimmers fidget to stay loose. shoulders shrug once, twice; a roll of the neck left, right. tug on the goggle strap. a rub of the goggles with one's thumbs. goggles set, cap in place, a deep inhale and exhale as a long whistle signals them onto the platform. a monotone "take your mark" brings swimmers to their motionless set position. the beep sounds. they blast off. awesomeness of a swim race.

That Guy
February 21st, 2011, 02:27 PM
sinewy muscles shake. swimmers fidget to stay loose. shoulders shrug once, twice; a roll of the neck left, right. tug on the goggle strap. a rub of the goggles with one's thumbs. goggles set, cap in place, a deep inhale and exhale as a long whistle signals them onto the platform. a monotone "take your mark" brings swimmers to their motionless set position. the beep sounds. they blast off. awesomeness of a swim race.

Should I read that as several haiku strung together? Or should I be snapping my fingers? Help me out here, I'm really not sure what to do.

jaadams1
February 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM
Should I read that as several haiku strung together? Or should I be snapping my fingers? Help me out here, I'm really not sure what to do.

:lmao: :rofl: :lmao: :rofl:

orca1946
February 21st, 2011, 02:54 PM
I must check my heat & lane many times.
I check my goggles for tight fit many times so as to not lose my contacts.