PDA

View Full Version : So what do you want?

Paul Smith
February 26th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Here's your chance to weigh in on things you would like to have available at the meet...some key items relate to food choices at concessions and gold medal (besides the basics like power bars, water, soda, etc.). But also interested in anything else you are looking for?

jaadams1
February 26th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Here's your chance to weigh in on things you would like to have available at the meet...some key items relate to food choices at concessions and gold medal (besides the basics like power bars, water, soda, etc.). But also interested in anything else you are looking for?

I'd like some sort of food off the grill/bbq stuff. I don't know if that's possible or not. Hotdogs, burgers, chicken, etc. Better than having to leave the venue to go to McDonalds or something worse!!

Paul Smith
February 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I'd like some sort of food off the grill/bbq stuff. I don't know if that's possible or not. Hotdogs, burgers, chicken, etc. Better than having to leave the venue to go to McDonalds or something worse!!

We will have an awesome BBQ guy with a huge grill running everyday!

pwb
February 26th, 2011, 09:35 PM
True wishes:

A starbucks barista on deck pulling shots behind the blocks!
B70 vending full body nero comps that are invisible/see-through above and below the jammer portion so we can get away with actually wearing our beloved tech suits

Possibly more realistic:

Burritos @ lunch w/veggie-bean options
Spaghetti as a lunch option
Paradise Bakery

Muffins around breakfast time
sandwiches for lunch
cookies any time

jaadams1
February 26th, 2011, 10:04 PM
True wishes:

A starbucks barista on deck pulling shots behind the blocks!
B70 vending full body nero comps that are invisible/see-through above and below the jammer portion so we can get away with actually wearing our beloved tech suits

Possibly more realistic:

Burritos @ lunch w/veggie-bean options
Spaghetti as a lunch option
Paradise Bakery

Muffins around breakfast time
sandwiches for lunch
cookies any time

Gatorade on tap!!! (at least during the meet)...after wards :chug:

Kurt Dickson
February 27th, 2011, 03:51 PM
also interested in anything else you are looking for?

A swim suit that runs on dreams and starlight...a new back...a new shoulder...fame, fortune, and beautiful women.

I'm sure it will all be great...didn't mean to hijack your thread.:)

JimRude
February 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Massage. Starbucks. Shade. Repeat.

pwb
February 27th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Massage.

Two votes for massage -- no chiros like in Atlanta.

Paul -- you might want to approach Lifetime Fitness to see if they'd sponsor that given that they have national reach.

ElaineK
February 27th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Massage. Starbucks. Shade. Repeat.

I'll second that on the shade! And, an airconditioned indoor area to escape to and chill out when the heat kicks in and tips me over!
:hijack:

pwb
February 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM
And, an airconditioned indoor area to escape to and chill out when the heat kicks in and tips me over!
Get your coffee and AC at the nearest Starbucks -- 1229 E. McKellips Road, Mesa, AZ 85203 (~1.8 miles away).

Paul Smith
February 28th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Two votes for massage -- no chiros like in Atlanta.

Paul -- you might want to approach Lifetime Fitness to see if they'd sponsor that given that they have national reach.

We have a full blown massage crew on site so your covered! Starbucks is in the works and at the least we may be selling it at concessions.....

pwb
February 28th, 2011, 11:16 AM
We have a full blown massage crew on site so your covered! Starbucks is in the works and at the least we may be selling it at concessions.....Here's another idea: get the FAST post-grad and Ford's post-grad crew to the meet. It was cool seeing guys like Cullen Jones and Nick Brunelli swim in Atlanta; presumably the timing of Masters Nationals is such that it wouldn't mess up training/competitions for the big guns.

bzaks1424
February 28th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Wifi at the pool? :D

chowmi
February 28th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Ice cream truck drive by!

pwb
February 28th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Ice cream truck drive by!These guys are good and fun -- http://www.icecreamtrucks.org/big-daddys-ice-cream-ice-cream-truck-novelties-scottsdale-phoenix-tempe-arizona.html.

JimRude
February 28th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Wifi at the pool? :D

+1

orca1946
March 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
I have been looking for Jamba juice for 2 years in Illinois!!!!!
they stopped selling it at CVS. Can I bring a case home with me????:applaud::banana:

Paul Smith
March 2nd, 2011, 05:55 PM
+1

Sadly won't happen unless we charge for it...which unless someone has a creative solution isn't cheap.

JimRude
March 2nd, 2011, 06:05 PM
Sadly won't happen unless we charge for it...which unless someone has a creative solution isn't cheap.

If there is an internet connection at the pool (offices?), just slap on a Cisco router and you're good to go.

bzaks1424
March 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
If there is an internet connection at the pool (offices?), just slap on a Cisco router and you're good to go.

Otherwise - I have an idea or two

for those of us with android phones, we can create a wifi server using the usb connection tether while charging your phone!

For those of us with rooted android phones we can download wifi tether and just allow people to share our phone's data connection.

I for one will happily offer up wifi service out of my laptop to anyone who wants it through my phone.

Paul Smith
March 2nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Otherwise - I have an idea or two

for those of us with android phones, we can create a wifi server using the usb connection tether while charging your phone!

For those of us with rooted android phones we can download wifi tether and just allow people to share our phone's data connection.

I for one will happily offer up wifi service out of my laptop to anyone who wants it through my phone.

Jim....we are on the school system and you can imagine what kind of filters they have so no access to gmail, hotmail or any other sites that people would want to use. In fact we have a similar wi fi device from Verizon that we use just to bypass the school.

BillS
March 4th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I'd like those breakfast burritos that were served one am at Austin in the gold medal tent...man, those were tasty.

orca1946
March 5th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I'm already thinking of food after my events !!!!:cake::anim_coffee::chug:

freestyle94
March 6th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hey Paul.
Wow! Thanks for asking. I imagine that all sorts of cut and fresh fruit is what you mentioned as STANDARD items....What about some sort of pasta dishes? Or like in Seattle, the Gold Medal room had an area with toasters and spreads and bagels and breads and the like.
Please also plenty of Gator Aid, water and even chocolate milk.
If it is feasible, one other neat thing that happened in Seattle and Austin was the breakfast items showed up in the am and lunch items arrived mid meet. That helped SO much in feeding ourselves. ;)
Thanks again for your hard work!

orca1946
March 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Are we swimming or eating????
I'm ALL in after my events!!!!:chug: