PDA

View Full Version : 2011 USMS SCY Zones

ande
March 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
2011 USMS SCY Zones & Regional Championships

please list links for meet info and results to all the
2011 USMS SCY Zone Meets & Regional Championships

Let's talk about swims and swimmers

What are you doing to prepare for your meet?

Are you going to shave?

What suit or suits are you going to wear when you race?

2011 South Central Zone SCY Championships
April 1 - 3, 2011
Short Course Yards
Josh Davis Natatorium
Entry Deadline is March 25th
INFO (http://www.southtexasmastersswimming.com/pdfs/apr1_zone.pdf)

2011 New England LMSC Short Course Yards ChampionshipHosted by Cambridge Masters Swim Club
March 12, March 18 - 20, 2011
Blodgett Pool, Harvard University, Boston MA
Results (http://www.meetresults.com/2011/nelmscscy/results.shtml)

That Guy
March 21st, 2011, 01:47 PM
NW Zones (https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1449&smid=2876)

I'm swimming the 400 IM, 100 Fly, 200 Back, 100 Back, 200 Fly, and 200 IM.

I will be tapered and shaved. I'm in week 2 of my taper now, so I'm swimming fast in practice but I haven't hit the tired spot yet.

jaadams1
March 21st, 2011, 03:59 PM
NW Zones (https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1449&smid=2876)

I will be tapered and shaved. I'm in week 2 of my taper now, so I'm swimming fast in practice but I haven't hit the tired spot yet.

Well...since That Guy lives on his computer he beat me to it, so I'll list it anyway!! NW Zones (https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1449&smid=2876)

I'm swimming the 400 IM, 50 Breast, 200 Free (as fly), 200 Back, and 100 IM...all these events are on Saturday. :applaud: I'm basically going to the meet because I like to race and wouldn't miss an organized swim anywhere. :) And of course to have some good competition with That Guy.
I will NOT be shaving or tapering for this meet, but 3 weeks later I will be for USMS Nationals! I'm still going to go for my 400 IM age group record at this meet (if I don't break it this coming weekend too). It is the 1st event of the day, and I should have some good help in some nearby lanes. The 200 Free (FLY) is pretty much for fun (and to compare with That Guy the following day). I'm swimming it in the middle of the freestylers with my normal Fly entry time. This way I should get some good racing all around...lots of fun.
I'm also swimming 5 events this one day because I'm cheap and not going to get a motel room if I don't have to. Over and back the same day 2 3/4 hour drive for me each way.

That Guy
March 21st, 2011, 04:06 PM
I'm still going to go for my 400 IM age group record at this meet (if I don't break it this coming weekend too). It is the 1st event of the day, and I should have some good help in some nearby lanes.

Try to keep up on the 4IM, if you manage to stay on my feet you should get the record easily.

jaadams1
March 21st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Try to keep up on the 4IM, if you manage to stay on my feet you should get the record easily.

I'd love to see you out with me on the fly!! :applaud:

Allen Stark
March 21st, 2011, 04:18 PM

I was planning to be there,but I got all carried away and entered Mesa so I'll probably skip Zones.Zones is the week after our Assn meet anyway.Good luck there.

knelson
March 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
I'm swimming the 400 IM, 50 Breast, 200 Free (as fly), 200 Back, and 100 IM...all these events are on Saturday.
I still need to sign up for the meet, but I was considering entering the 200 back, too. I'm likely to be third out of the three of us, but at least I can use the two of you to judge how I'm doing! Of course it will be James' fourth event of the day...

jaadams1
March 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM
I still need to sign up for the meet, but I was considering entering the 200 back, too. I'm likely to be third out of the three of us, but at least I can use the two of you to judge how I'm doing! Of course it will be James' fourth event of the day...

It could be the twelveth event of the day for me...and I still wouldn't let you get me in the 200 back!! :afraid:

knelson
March 21st, 2011, 04:28 PM
It could be the twelveth event of the day for me...and I still wouldn't let you get me in the 200 back!! :afraid:

Looks like it's on then!!

Time to start working the backstroke in practice. I really need to practice my starts.

That Guy
March 21st, 2011, 04:35 PM
I was planning to be there,but I got all carried away and entered Mesa so I'll probably skip Zones.Zones is the week after our Assn meet anyway.Good luck there.

Good luck Allen! I'll probably see you this summer at an LCM meet.

Looks like it's on then!!

Time to start working the backstroke in practice. I really need to practice my starts.

:banana:

larsoda
March 21st, 2011, 06:53 PM
I'm also swimming at NW Zones

I'm planning to taper, but most likely won't shave. My biggest goal this year is to break 2:00.00 in the 200fr - shaving seems kind of silly for what really isn't a fast swim.

I do plan to watch the 200back race, though.
I might even make sure I'm watching somewhere with a good angle on the finish so I'll know what I'm talking about if I post 'attaboys' afterwards.

jaadams1
March 21st, 2011, 08:42 PM
I'm also swimming at NW Zones

I'm planning to taper, but most likely won't shave. My biggest goal this year is to break 2:00.00 in the 200fr - shaving seems kind of silly for what really isn't a fast swim.

I do plan to watch the 200back race, though.
I might even make sure I'm watching somewhere with a good angle on the finish so I'll know what I'm talking about if I post 'attaboys' afterwards.

Be careful if you happen to be in my heat of the 200 Free. :) I wouldn't want you to be beat by a flyer!! :banana:

larsoda
March 21st, 2011, 09:19 PM
Be careful if you happen to be in my heat of the 200 Free. :) I wouldn't want you to be beat by a flyer!! :banana:
Sure you would, especially if I go sub 2:00.

I think you'd be one happy flyer. And that wouldn't bother me a bit.:bow:

200free
March 21st, 2011, 10:01 PM
2011 Colonies Zone SCY Championships
April 15 - 17, 2011
George Mason University - Fairfax, Virginia
Entry Deadline: April 6th
Meet page: http://www.patriotmasters.org/ColoniesZone2011.htm

chowmi
March 22nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
http://www.azlmsc.org/events.htm

AZ State and SW Zone meet for me this year! Sorry, South Central friends!
4 x 50s and 100 free, fly, back, and IM entered! (Entered, not swum!)
Equally important on the list, bubble tea place, IKEA, and Trader Joes!!!! Plus goin' through my big sis's closet, just like old times! Although she has hinted I should bring my own pants and not stretch out hers.

Since i'm Advantage Gold, I get free luggage so making the most of it; will bring an arsenal of swimsuits and probably will wear my new Speedo LZR, backup with Blueseventy, and of course taking my 2 new Yingfa's (by the way GP gives excellent customer service; suits arrived in a jiffy!). No medals at this meet, which is a total bummer, but expect to bring back a serious Trader Joes haul.

knelson
March 22nd, 2011, 10:30 AM

I think you should consider it. It will make a difference. Looking at your GTD totals you've done a lot of swimming this year. You owe it to yourself to do what you need to do to swim your fastest!

That Guy
March 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
I think you should consider it. It will make a difference. Looking at your GTD totals you've done a lot of swimming this year. You owe it to yourself to do what you need to do to swim your fastest!

I agree. You also owe it to yourself to do everything possible to beat jaadams1.

:cheerleader:G0:ohyeah:L4r$oDa:ohyeah:GO!:cheerlea der:

knelson
March 22nd, 2011, 12:49 PM
but expect to bring back a serious Trader Joes haul.

No TJ's in Dallas? What a travesty!

larsoda
March 22nd, 2011, 02:37 PM
I agree. You also owe it to yourself to do everything possible to beat jaadams1.

:cheerleader:G0:ohyeah:L4r$oDa:ohyeah:GO!:cheerlea der:

Thanks...I guess, but I don't think I'll need to shave to beat jaadams1. Unless he changes his mind and swims free, but then he'll be so far ahead of me that shaving still won't make a difference.

Maybe I'm being a bit old-school in my thinking, but there are no records in jeopardy and I'm not in a position to challenge for an overall win, so shaving seems like overdoing it, even if it is my last meet of the season.

That Guy
March 22nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
I don't think I'll need to shave to beat jaadams1.

That's the spirit! But shave anyway. Seriously, see how fast you can go.

Speedo
March 22nd, 2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks...I guess, but I don't think I'll need to shave to beat jaadams1.So, you left coasters *do* know how to talk the talk. I was starting to wonder what it would take to wake you guys up.

That Guy
March 22nd, 2011, 03:34 PM
So, you left coasters *do* know how to talk the talk. I was starting to wonder what it would take to wake you guys up.

Thanks Speedo! We haven't yet progressed to your level of "Jim Thornton on NyQuil" trash talk, but by gosh we're trying.

Speedo
March 22nd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks Speedo! We haven't yet progressed to your level of "Jim Thornton on NyQuil" trash talk, but by gosh we're trying.Keep working on it- I had Jazz thoroughly confused, and that's all that matters.

jaadams1
March 22nd, 2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks...I guess, but I don't think I'll need to shave to beat jaadams1. Unless he changes his mind and swims free, but then he'll be so far ahead of me that shaving still won't make a difference.

Maybe I'm being a bit old-school in my thinking, but there are no records in jeopardy and I'm not in a position to challenge for an overall win, so shaving seems like overdoing it, even if it is my last meet of the season.

Tough words from a freestyler against a flyer!! Still, I don't think I'll be able to beat your 200 free time THIS time.
Oh and That Guy...the 200 Fly is on...my unshaved swimming with the freestylers, vs. your shaved time the following day (knowing how fast you have to go to beat me).
Or...if you like...a little mathematics competition! The TOTAL time of the 400 IM, 200 Back, and 200 FLY to see who is the ultimate champion! :banana:

That Guy
March 22nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
Tough words from a freestyler against a flyer!! Still, I don't think I'll be able to beat your 200 free time THIS time.
Oh and That Guy...the 200 Fly is on...my unshaved swimming with the freestylers, vs. your shaved time the following day (knowing how fast you have to go to beat me).
Or...if you like...a little mathematics competition! The TOTAL time of the 400 IM, 200 Back, and 200 FLY to see who is the ultimate champion! :banana:

Bring it.*

* a calculator :lmao:

Speedo
March 22nd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Tough words from a freestyler against a flyer!! Yes, he should respect the slower discipline a bit more if you ask me.

jaadams1
March 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Bring it.*

* a calculator :bolt:

And remember on your math...it's not 99 seconds to get a full minute like normal counting!!! :D

That Guy
March 22nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
And remember on your math...it's not 99 seconds to get a full minute like normal counting!!! :D

why are we whispering? :dunno:

jaadams1
March 22nd, 2011, 05:04 PM
why are we whispering? :dunno:

The kids are sleeping :bed:

larsoda
March 22nd, 2011, 05:23 PM

Yeah, how 'bout I really go out on a limb and predict that I'll finish the 200fr faster than the winner of the 200br?:doh: I'd say 200IM, but I might have to shave to make that one work.

aztimm
March 22nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.azlmsc.org/events.htm

AZ State and SW Zone meet for me this year! Sorry, South Central friends!
4 x 50s and 100 free, fly, back, and IM entered! (Entered, not swum!)
Equally important on the list, bubble tea place, IKEA, and Trader Joes!!!! Plus goin' through my big sis's closet, just like old times! Although she has hinted I should bring my own pants and not stretch out hers.

Since i'm Advantage Gold, I get free luggage so making the most of it; will bring an arsenal of swimsuits and probably will wear my new Speedo LZR, backup with Blueseventy, and of course taking my 2 new Yingfa's (by the way GP gives excellent customer service; suits arrived in a jiffy!). No medals at this meet, which is a total bummer, but expect to bring back a serious Trader Joes haul.

I'll be at this meet too, my first scy meet since I swam at the asu nationals in 2003 (I think that's when it was here). Q already warned me about you.

I think I used to swim with your sister on Sun Devil Masters at ASU.

I'll have to get to TJ's prior to then to make sure I get everything :)

ande
April 3rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
please post links to 2011 USMS SCY zones results

Speedo
April 4th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Colony Zones Results (GMU, Fairfax, VA; 4/15/11 - 4/17/11):
http://www.patriotmasters.org/colonieszone2011/results/index.htm

jaadams1
April 4th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Psych Sheet (http://www.bluewave-aquatics.com/App_WebParts/Events/Documents/2011/492011_2011nwzonescychampionship_meetprogram.pdf)f or PNA Champs/NW Zone Champs
This weekend, April 9-10

Enjoy!

Allen Stark
April 5th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Psych Sheet (http://www.bluewave-aquatics.com/App_WebParts/Events/Documents/2011/492011_2011nwzonescychampionship_meetprogram.pdf)f or PNA Champs/NW Zone Champs
This weekend, April 9-10

Enjoy!

Dang,I missed my chance to swim Kirk in the 200 BR.But:cane:.

chowmi
April 5th, 2011, 11:34 PM
http://www.teamunify.com/EventShow.jsp?returnPage=%2FEventsPast.jsp&id=105614&team=amsmac

I think this is the link to the Mesa Masters swimming website and the meet results from the SW Zone/AZ State Champs held at Kino this past weekend. If not look at their website under Events. And the newsletters are interesting, too.

I wore my Speedo LZR this first day and then my B70 the next. I found my 2 new Yingfa suits made great visitor gifts so they are somewhere in sis' closet.

I came back with 12 extra lbs of Trader Joes loot, but alas, I forgot the dried apricots! And I miss those left over green tea and mango ice cream Mochi balls!!!! If you buy the Gummie Tummies, buy more than one bag. Many more.

It was so great to see everyone. Lots of fun and the pool is really nice. Lots of deck space. The locker room gets a C, but that's not a reflection of the pool. I woudn't even bother to pack stuff to take a shower there. Go back to the hotel! There are lots of bleachers along the long side of the pool (so you will face the starts and be at the turn end).

Now, regarding the last detail - how did I swim? Well, solid all around and the surprises of the meet - lifetime bests in 50 and 100 back!

knelson
April 5th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Dang,I missed my chance to swim Kirk in the 200 BR.But:cane:.

You missed a rare opportunity for sure! It should be fun. It gets boring swimming the same events all the time.

jaadams1
April 6th, 2011, 12:05 AM
It gets boring swimming the same events all the time.

On a semi-related topic: YouTube - 3-27-11 1000 Rev IM.mp4

ande
April 6th, 2011, 01:35 PM
2011 South Central SC Zones Results (http://www.aaaa-sa.com/HTML/SCZM.htm)

jim clemmons
April 6th, 2011, 05:47 PM
2011 South Central SC Zones Results (http://www.aaaa-sa.com/HTML/SCZM.htm)

Ande, you swam well.

ande
April 7th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks Jim,

How have you been swimming?
Are you going to shave your chest this year?

Here's blogs for each day of Zones:
has a few details & youtube links to races

Fri Apr 1st (http://www.usms.org/forums/blog.php?b=14821)

Sat Apr 2nd (http://www.usms.org/forums/blog.php?b=14837)

Sun Apr 3rd (http://www.usms.org/forums/blog.php?b=14849)

Ande, you swam well.

no200fly
April 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM
On a semi-related topic: YouTube - 3-27-11 1000 Rev IM.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfkhgiSaIj8)
That's amazing.

jim clemmons
April 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks Jim,

How have you been swimming?
Are you going to shave your chest this year?

Holding my own, so to speak. Weather's not been real cooperative :badday: for outdoor meets yet, so I'm looking forward to Nat's.

Unless a miracle occurs, and full suits make a comeback :bliss: , then yes, the chest gets shaved :censor: .

Karen Duggan
April 8th, 2011, 11:54 AM
http://www.teamunify.com/EventShow.jsp?returnPage=%2FEventsPast.jsp&id=105614&team=amsmac

Now, regarding the last detail - how did I swim? Well, solid all around and the surprises of the meet - lifetime bests in 50 and 100 back!

Well done! :agree:

BTW, I've done a 24.4 a million times for freestyle.
Of course that was 1 lap, not 2
:lmao:

Great swimming. You are an inspiration!

jaadams1
April 8th, 2011, 01:07 PM
RE: 1000 Rev. IM Video: That's amazing.

Thank you, but on a side note, I swam the whole thing pretty relaxed, aside from the last 50 of fly when I put some effort into it. I'll probably end up doing this again sometime this next year, and will push the whole thing for probably close to a minute faster overall time at least, and by WAY more tired at the end. I think that is what That Guy was looking for originally when he suggested it!! :blah:

That Guy
April 10th, 2011, 05:47 PM

2011 Rocket Science Gridge Final Standings

4IM 2back 2fly
JAADAMS1: 4:35.01 + 2:15.94 + 2:06.07 = 8:57.02
THAT GUY: 4:37.80 + 2:08.98 + 2:08.64 = 8:55.42

:banana:LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I AM 1.60 BETTER THAN JAMES AT WHATEVER THIS IS:banana:

James and Kirk, you missed out on the chance to see a total head case swim the 200 fly today. I had to keep repeating my race strategy to myself like a mantra, or I wouldn't have been able to dive into the water. Then I went out too slow on the first 100, and still was almost in piano territory on the last 25. It wasn't a good race, but it was good enough to win this gridge. :)

Allen, you didn't miss Kirk's 200 breast today because it didn't happen. Something about a toe injury and a full body cast. :dunno:

knelson
April 10th, 2011, 07:02 PM
James and Kirk, you missed out on the chance to see a total head case swim the 200 fly today....
Allen, you didn't miss Kirk's 200 breast today because it didn't happen.

Yeah, there was more than one head case. I just decided it was best for me to stay out of the water for a couple days.

Are you pleased with your swims overall?

jaadams1
April 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
2011 Rocket Science Gridge Final Standings

4IM 2back 2fly
JAADAMS1: 4:35.01 + 2:15.94 + 2:06.07 = 8:57.02
THAT GUY: 4:37.80 + 2:08.98 + 2:08.64 = 8:55.42

:banana:LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I AM 1.60 BETTER THAN JAMES AT WHATEVER THIS IS:banana:

James and Kirk, you missed out on the chance to see a total head case swim the 200 fly today. I had to keep repeating my race strategy to myself like a mantra, or I wouldn't have been able to dive into the water. Then I went out too slow on the first 100, and still was almost in piano territory on the last 25. It wasn't a good race, but it was good enough to win this gridge. :)

Allen, you didn't miss Kirk's 200 breast today because it didn't happen. Something about a toe injury and a full body cast. :dunno:

OK...Congratulations... :applaud:

So if I can substitute in my 200 Fly from 3 weeks in the future...then we can re-calculate this equation...

That Guy
April 10th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah, there was more than one head case. I just decided it was best for me to stay out of the water for a couple days.

Are you pleased with your swims overall?

Well I improved on my in-season times in all 6 of my events, so that's something. Looking forward to some meters swimming!

That Guy
April 10th, 2011, 07:33 PM
OK...Congratulations... :applaud:

So if I can substitute in my 200 Fly from 3 weeks in the future...then we can re-calculate this equation...

No time-travel gridges! Yeah, that's right... I just made a RULE.

knelson
April 11th, 2011, 12:01 AM
No time-travel gridges! Yeah, that's right... I just made a RULE.

Good rule. It's a slippery slope. If you let James have that pretty soon he'll be demanding an extra second for every hour he has to drive to get to the meet. :)

jaadams1
April 11th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Good rule. It's a slippery slope. If you let James have that pretty soon he'll be demanding an extra second for every hour he has to drive to get to the meet. :)

I like that new rule... :applaud: If I need a few extra seconds...I'll just bypass my route down through Yakima, Goldendale, down to I-84, over to Portland, and then up...hopefully all the way to Anacortes or something for all the extra second/hour allowed!!

jaadams1
April 11th, 2011, 12:18 AM

Or Kirk...for your benefit...for every hour I have to drive to the meet...YOU get to subtract a second... :bolt:

That Guy
April 11th, 2011, 12:20 AM
It's a slippery slope.

Man, you weren't kidding. :afraid:

knelson
April 11th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Results are now posted for NW Zones:
http://www.bluewave-aquatics.com/App_WebParts/Events/Documents/2011/492011_2011nwzonescychampionship_results.pdf

aquageek
April 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Results are now posted for NW Zones:
http://www.bluewave-aquatics.com/App_WebParts/Events/Documents/2011/492011_2011nwzonescychampionship_results.pdf

Light schedule for you at this meet?

knelson
April 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Light schedule for you at this meet?

I ended up scratching the 1000 on Saturday and all my Sunday events.

aquageek
April 11th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I ended up scratching the 1000 on Saturday and all my Sunday events.

Sammy Save Up for Arizona?

Thrashing Slug
April 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Crazy meet in Federal Way yesterday. First I got thrown out of the 500 for not checking the right sign-in sheet. Even though I arrived early and checked in, I was only checked in for the meet itself and not the 500 free. There was a separate sheet of paper for that which I was not aware of. The meet director opted not to add another heat even though there were 5 of us that wanted to swim it. We had all been excluded for various reasons, some more valid than others.

Lacking the 500 as a warm-up I waited around for a while and then swam a 50 fly during the 50 free, as planned. I did this because I had a 12-mile run on Saturday so I couldn't swim the actual 50 fly. Not the ideal taper plan, but I wasn't expecting fast swims so I didn't really care.

Next I jumped in and swam the 100 free in the WRONG HEAT because the guy in front of me had scratched and I wasn't paying attention. I looked up at the board and saw someone else's name! Oops :p At least I got a baseline time in a fast pool.

My final swim of the day was the fly leg of a mixed medley relay. That was a lot of fun. It was my first relay swim ever, and I got to meet some of my teammates who train at one of the other pools in town.

knelson
April 11th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Next I jumped in and swam the 100 free in the WRONG HEAT because the guy in front of me had scratched and I wasn't paying attention. I looked up at the board and saw someone else's name! Oops :p At least I got a baseline time in a fast pool.

And he got a baseline time, too. I hope you swam well for him. :)

That Guy
April 11th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Other highlights from Federal Way yesterday:

Brian Wisniewski went 4:52 in the 500 free, untapered and unshaven. For those who haven't seen him swim, he makes freestyle look completely effortless, and this was no exception.
During KNelson's heat of the 200 breast (that he wasn't there for) I happened to notice Bryson Chiu in the dive tank warming up. "Isn't he in the next heat? What's he doing?" The scoreboard showed that the swimmers were at the 150 mark... Chiu swam ANOTHER 50 in the dive tank... then he got out and jogged over to the starting blocks... there was a short delay unrelated to his arrival, so he had about 20 seconds before he was racing the 200 breaststroke... then he went 2:08 for a new Zone record. :dunno:
I was in the last heat of the 200 IM, so when I looked over at lane 4 and didn't see Chiu there behind the blocks, I knew he was probably still warming up even though it was time for our heat. Sure enough he did appear at some point (I didn't see exactly when; perhaps I was busy taking my mark) and then he dropped a 1:59 on the rest of us.
Tie for first in the 100 free - two guys went 48.07. Wisniewski went 48.8 which was surprisingly close to his entry time of 49.0. I had thought his entry time was a sandbag, given that he went 45-high in this meet 2 years ago.

ande
April 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
2011 SCY Zone Results are floating in at Meet Results (http://www.usms.org/comp/resultsnet.php)
Here's a few:

4/9/2011 to 4/10/2011
2011 NW Zone SC Champs & Steve Engle Memorial (http://www.bluewave-aquatics.com/App_WebParts/Events/Documents/2011/492011_2011nwzonescychampionship_results.pdf)

April 8-10
Pacific LMSC Pacific Masters SCY Championships (http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/11/11PacMscySplit.html) (SCY)

4/1/2011 - 4/3/2011
2011 South Central Zone Short Course USMS Championships (http://www.aaaa-sa.org/HTML/SCZM.htm)
Josh Davis Natatorium
San Antonio TX

March 26
Iowa LMSC
Breadbasket Zone/Iowa Masters State Meet (http://www.iowamasters.org/meet_results/2011_03_26_IAM_State_Championship.pdf)

March 12, March 18 - 20, 2011
2011 New England LMSC Short Course Yards Championship
Hosted by Cambridge Masters Swim Club
Blodgett Pool, Harvard University, Boston MA
Results (http://www.meetresults.com/2011/nelmscscy/results.shtml)

check your event rankings (http://www.usms.org/comp/meets/toptimes.php)

2011 USMS SCY Zones & Regional Championships

please list links for meet info and results to all the
2011 USMS SCY Zone Meets & Regional Championships

Let's talk about swims and swimmers

What are you doing to prepare for your meet?

Are you going to shave?

What suit or suits are you going to wear when you race? (http://www.usms.org/forums/showpost.php?p=204355&postcount=1346)

knelson
April 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Brian Wisniewski went 4:52 in the 500 free, untapered and unshaven. For those who haven't seen him swim, he makes freestyle look completely effortless, and this was no exception.

This includes his walls. He goes deep off the walls and does these big, slow dolphin kicks that almost look lazy, but they are very effective.

I noticed David Kays was also a no-show on Sunday.

That Guy
April 11th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I noticed David Kays was also a no-show on Sunday.

David Kays was there on Sunday. He went 2:07 in the 200 fly.

knelson
April 11th, 2011, 02:59 PM
David Kays was there on Sunday. He went 2:07 in the 200 fly.

Oops, I missed that. I didn't see him in the 500 free results and just assumed he didn't swim Sunday. Turns out he wasn't entered in the 500.

thewookiee
April 11th, 2011, 03:14 PM
This includes his walls. He goes deep off the walls and does these big, slow dolphin kicks that almost look lazy, but they are very effective.

Did anyone video his 500 or 100 free?

jaadams1
April 11th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Did anyone video his 500 or 100 free?

I didn't get a video of his freestyles, since I wasn't in them with him. He is in the 400 IM Video here:
It shows some of the underwaters from an above to the side view.

YouTube - 4-9-11 400 IM NW Zones.mp4

I'm in lane 5, Brian is in lane 4. Note: That Guy is in Lane 6. On his fly underwaters he's shown on the 1st and 2nd turns @ ~:45 into the video. At ~3:55 into the video, Brian is transitioning to Free as I'm coming to the end of Breast. After that you just see Brian's freestyle whipping by the other direction...but he was hella fast!! :bow:

That Guy
April 15th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Colonies Zones started today: http://www.patriotmasters.org/colonieszone2011/results/index.htm

I noticed some very strange 1650 results. Problems with the timing system, lap counters miscounting, or what?

-- Martin, Jack 59 COLONIALS 1776 DQ
62 Did not finish
31.44 1:06.32 (34.88)
1:42.76 (36.44) 2:18.76 (36.00)
2:54.86 (36.10) 3:31.74 (36.88)
4:08.67 (36.93) 4:45.31 (36.64)
5:21.72 (36.41) 5:58.31 (36.59)
6:35.19 (36.88) 7:11.98 (36.79)
7:49.02 (37.04) 8:25.70 (36.68)
9:02.34 (36.64) 9:39.39 (37.05)
10:16.51 (37.12) 10:53.47 (36.96)
11:30.69 (37.22) 12:08.01 (37.32)
12:45.47 (37.46) 13:22.91 (37.44)
14:00.20 (37.29) 14:37.53 (37.33)
15:15.23 (37.70) 15:52.88 (37.65)
16:30.31 (37.43) 17:08.24 (37.93)
17:46.15 (37.91) 18:23.89 (37.74)
19:01.16 (37.27) 19:35.82 (34.66)

Event 3 Men 65-69 1650 Yard Freestyle
================================================== =======================
ZONE: Z 25:12.78 3/29/1998 Paul Kiell
NATL: ! 19:16.25 5/20/2007 TOM LANDIS
Name Age Team Finals Points
1 Hulings, Joseph 69 FAIRFAX COUNTY M 30:30.18 9
44.20 1:34.54 (50.34)
2:28.51 (53.97) 3:20.86 (52.35)
4:15.75 (54.89) 5:08.75 (53.00)
6:03.46 (54.71) 6:57.53 (54.07)
7:50.17 (52.64) 8:43.57 (53.40)
9:36.59 (53.02) 10:29.80 (53.21)
11:22.05 (52.25) 12:14.38 (52.33)
13:07.42 (53.04) 13:59.67 (52.25)
14:52.54 (52.87) 15:45.04 (52.50)
16:38.03 (52.99) 17:30.34 (52.31)
18:23.04 (52.70) 19:14.96 (51.92)
20:06.76 (51.80) 20:59.12 (52.36)
21:50.44 (51.32) 22:42.38 (51.94)
23:34.49 (52.11) 24:27.31 (52.82)
25:19.52 (52.21) 26:11.58 (52.06)
27:03.21 (51.63) 30:30.18 (3:26.97)

Event 3 Men 70-74 1650 Yard Freestyle
ZONE: Z 22:41.59 3/29/1998 Roger Franks
NATL: ! 20:29.18 5/20/2001 GRAHAM JOHNSTON
1 Pattie, Kenton 71 CURL BURKE MASTE 33:39.97 9
50.97 1:48.06 (57.09)
2:48.64 (1:00.58) 3:50.63 (1:01.99)
4:53.31 (1:02.68)
6:57.15 ( ) 7:57.71 (1:00.56)
8:58.26 (1:00.55) 9:59.67 (1:01.41)
11:00.40 (1:00.73) 12:01.86 (1:01.46)
13:03.90 (1:02.04) 14:05.04 (1:01.14)
15:05.32 (1:00.28) 16:06.78 (1:01.46)
17:08.26 (1:01.48)
18:08.50 ( ) 19:10.67 (1:02.17)
20:12.46 (1:01.79) 21:14.51 (1:02.05)
22:15.60 (1:01.09) 23:16.09 (1:00.49)
24:17.82 (1:01.73) 25:20.95 (1:03.13)
26:22.71 (1:01.76) 27:23.52 (1:00.81)
28:24.94 (1:01.42) 29:26.42 (1:01.48)
30:29.60 (1:03.18) 31:32.24 (1:02.64) 33:39.97 (2:07.73)

swimshark
April 16th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Colonies Zones started today: http://www.patriotmasters.org/colonieszone2011/results/index.htm

I noticed some very strange 1650 results. Problems with the timing system, lap counters miscounting, or what?

-- Martin, Jack 59 COLONIALS 1776 DQ
62 Did not finish
31.44 1:06.32 (34.88)
1:42.76 (36.44) 2:18.76 (36.00)
2:54.86 (36.10) 3:31.74 (36.88)
4:08.67 (36.93) 4:45.31 (36.64)
5:21.72 (36.41) 5:58.31 (36.59)
6:35.19 (36.88) 7:11.98 (36.79)
7:49.02 (37.04) 8:25.70 (36.68)
9:02.34 (36.64) 9:39.39 (37.05)
10:16.51 (37.12) 10:53.47 (36.96)
11:30.69 (37.22) 12:08.01 (37.32)
12:45.47 (37.46) 13:22.91 (37.44)
14:00.20 (37.29) 14:37.53 (37.33)
15:15.23 (37.70) 15:52.88 (37.65)
16:30.31 (37.43) 17:08.24 (37.93)
17:46.15 (37.91) 18:23.89 (37.74)
19:01.16 (37.27) 19:35.82 (34.66)

Event 3 Men 65-69 1650 Yard Freestyle
ZONE: Z 25:12.78 3/29/1998 Paul Kiell
NATL: ! 19:16.25 5/20/2007 TOM LANDIS
1 Hulings, Joseph 69 FAIRFAX COUNTY M 30:30.18 9
44.20 1:34.54 (50.34)
2:28.51 (53.97) 3:20.86 (52.35)
4:15.75 (54.89) 5:08.75 (53.00)
6:03.46 (54.71) 6:57.53 (54.07)
7:50.17 (52.64) 8:43.57 (53.40)
9:36.59 (53.02) 10:29.80 (53.21)
11:22.05 (52.25) 12:14.38 (52.33)
13:07.42 (53.04) 13:59.67 (52.25)
14:52.54 (52.87) 15:45.04 (52.50)
16:38.03 (52.99) 17:30.34 (52.31)
18:23.04 (52.70) 19:14.96 (51.92)
20:06.76 (51.80) 20:59.12 (52.36)
21:50.44 (51.32) 22:42.38 (51.94)
23:34.49 (52.11) 24:27.31 (52.82)
25:19.52 (52.21) 26:11.58 (52.06)
27:03.21 (51.63) 30:30.18 (3:26.97)

Event 3 Men 70-74 1650 Yard Freestyle
ZONE: Z 22:41.59 3/29/1998 Roger Franks
NATL: ! 20:29.18 5/20/2001 GRAHAM JOHNSTON
1 Pattie, Kenton 71 CURL BURKE MASTE 33:39.97 9
50.97 1:48.06 (57.09)
2:48.64 (1:00.58) 3:50.63 (1:01.99)
4:53.31 (1:02.68)
6:57.15 ( ) 7:57.71 (1:00.56)
8:58.26 (1:00.55) 9:59.67 (1:01.41)
11:00.40 (1:00.73) 12:01.86 (1:01.46)
13:03.90 (1:02.04) 14:05.04 (1:01.14)
15:05.32 (1:00.28) 16:06.78 (1:01.46)
17:08.26 (1:01.48)
18:08.50 ( ) 19:10.67 (1:02.17)
20:12.46 (1:01.79) 21:14.51 (1:02.05)
22:15.60 (1:01.09) 23:16.09 (1:00.49)
24:17.82 (1:01.73) 25:20.95 (1:03.13)
26:22.71 (1:01.76) 27:23.52 (1:00.81)
28:24.94 (1:01.42) 29:26.42 (1:01.48)
30:29.60 (1:03.18) 31:32.24 (1:02.64) 33:39.97 (2:07.73)

I don't know about the shallow end, where the 1650 was but the deep end, where the 1000 was had timing problems. Heat 1 started and the timing system didn't start on time. I believe it waited 6 sec to start. They delayed Heat 2 (which I was in) for about 5 min to fix it. I managed to drop 4 sec off my best time and negative split it. I was very pleased and had some great competition in my heat.

200free
April 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks "That Guy" for pointing these out. Looks like the first person's lap counter miscounted and the third guy missed the pad a couple of times/or the pad didn't register on a turn. But the 2nd guy is definately an error I will research/correct. I'm the meet director so would love a 3rd set of eyes helping make sure all results are correct.

knelson
April 16th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I see Pieter De Hart in the Colonies Zone results. I knew that name sounded familiar. If anyone sees him at the meet let him know he still holds an Ingraham High School team record! I want to say it's in the 100 fly, but I'm not positive. I see it on the record board on the wall of Helene Madison pool (Seattle) every time I swim there.

swimshark
April 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Results from the Colonies Zones this weekend

http://www.patriotmasters.org/colonieszone2011/results/index.htm

That Guy
May 12th, 2011, 07:25 PM
SPMA Zones are this weekend. It looks like the results will be posted to swimphone.com. The psych sheets are posted here:

http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meets/event_order.cfm?smid=3102

Ed Moses is swimming the 400 IM :applaud:

That Guy
May 13th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Some fast swimming at SPMA's.

Ed Moses 54.35 100 BR, 4:04 400 IM
Jim McConica 10:47 1000 Free (breaks Jim Clemmons' M60-64 record of 10:48)