PDA

View Full Version : Forumites continue to dominate Swimmer

knelson
March 24th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Just got my new Swimmer magazine yesterday. I only skimmed through, but already saw aquageek vs. Wookiee in the "Both Sides of the Lane Line" piece, Speedo in "My Favorite Practice" and a story about Skip Thompson!

jaadams1
March 24th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Just got my new Swimmer magazine yesterday. I only skimmed through, but already saw aquageek vs. Wookiee in the "Both Sides of the Lane Line" piece, Speedo in "My Favorite Practice" and a story about Skip Thompson!

Yeah...and after that all it did was talk about OW :( :badday: (You can tell which "side of the lane" I'm on)

The Fortress
March 24th, 2011, 09:55 AM

Niice!

Haven't gotten mine yet. What were Geek and Wookiee debating?

jaadams1
March 24th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Niice!

OW Vs. Pool swimming

Speedo
March 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I saw at least one forumite name in the Letters to the Editor as well.

Chris Stevenson
March 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Lots of letters over "the letter." I dutifully read through them:

http://www.usmsswimmer.com/201103/swimmerlettersmarapr2011.pdf

But I laughed when I came across the light-hearted comment by Carlton Arnold in the section immediately following:

Having just reviewed the December Dara Torres article and accompanying photograph (YIKES!!!) I inexplicably purchased a 55-gallon barrel of Fitness Nutrition Gold Medal Aminos. I have no idea what came over me.

After slogging through such heavy material, the contrast was welcome.

That Guy
March 24th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Pool versus open water kind of sounds like a track versus cross country debate, but I'm sure Geek and Wook have made it entertaining, just like Allen and George did with the butterfrog argument.

I'm looking forward to reading it! :applaud:

ViveBene
March 24th, 2011, 01:42 PM
What were Geek and Wookiee debating?

Pablum, with pictures. (Nice pics, though!)

I would imagine there are challenges to providing content for a special-interest magazine, and what better way than to use available talent (i.e., draft off energetic posters). A winning strategy, and the mag gets out on time!

Lots of things can be done in the pool to improve the OW experience, and a longish OW swim presents a new conditioning and environmental challenge for mainly pool swimmers.

swimshark
March 24th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Pool versus open water kind of sounds like a track versus cross country debate, but I'm sure Geek and Wook have made it entertaining, just like Allen and George did with the butterfrog argument.

I'm looking forward to reading it! :applaud:

I'm looking forward to reading their debate as well.

debaru
March 24th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I'm sure the debate will be entertaining. I have thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Geek's and Mr. Wookiee's good-natured forum sparring since joining. :agree:

Even better is getting to see what they look like so I can recognize them at a swim meet and say hello.

SwimStud
March 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Even better is getting to see what they look like so I can recognize them at a swim meet and say hello.
...and even better than that is getting to see what they look like so you can recognize them at a swim meet and stay on the other side of the pool from them...:bump:

debaru
March 24th, 2011, 07:30 PM
...and even better than that is getting to see what they look like so you can recognize them at a swim meet and stay on the other side of the pool from them...:bump:

:rofl:

You would be easy to find though, with your name splattered all over your "fetching" rump. ;)

SwimStud
March 24th, 2011, 07:32 PM
:rofl:

You would be easy to find though, with your name splattered all over your "fetching" rump. ;)

yah and it's all downhill from there...:D

thewookiee
March 24th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Niice!

Geek's bra size

I'm sure the debate will be entertaining. I have thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Geek's and Mr. Wookiee's good-natured forum sparring since joining. :agree:

We are easy to spot. I am the tall, dark, handsome fella. Geek takes after his uncle, Grumpy smurf. He is short, blue and always mumbling something unpleasant.

thewookiee
March 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM
yah and it's all downhill from there...:D

Not that you are far off the ground to start with...

The Fortress
March 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Geek takes after his uncle, Grumpy smurf. He is short, blue and always mumbling something unpleasant.

Don't forget the chicken legs.

thewookiee
March 24th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Don't forget the chicken legs.

That's an insult to chickens everywhere.

Bobinator
March 24th, 2011, 10:11 PM

Me too!! I'm glad to see their faces, I've always wondered what they look like! Both extremely handsome I might add!

thewookiee
March 25th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Me too!! I'm glad to see their faces, I've always wondered what they look like! Both extremely handsome I might add!

You need to turn the lights on and take off your sunglasses, if you think either of us are handsome.

aquageek
March 25th, 2011, 08:49 AM
You need to turn the lights on and take off your sunglasses, if you think either of us are handsome.

That's the truth. When even your own mom calls you ugly you know it's not a good situation.