PDA

View Full Version : hard decision

swimchamp9
March 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM
hello swim world, i just have one important question, and its about techincal suits, right now i dont care how much i spend on it but i just want to know which suit is better and why ? lzr elite or arena r-evo

Jazz Hands
March 24th, 2011, 03:16 PM
This is not actually a hard decision. They are the same. So is the TYR Tracer Light, which is much less expensive.

Chris Stevenson
March 24th, 2011, 03:49 PM
This is not actually a hard decision. They are the same. So is the TYR Tracer Light, which is much less expensive.

Agree with Jazz, at least with respect to performance. Fit might be another story. I too like the Tracer Light a lot.

I recently received a Yingfa suit (http://www.swimdownhill.com/) which is super-cheap. I haven't tried it in competition yet but it seems pretty sturdy when I tried it on at home. I'll give it a try at a meet in a little over a week and will report back. I think Patrick Brundage tried one in a meet and reported back favorably.

But they are so cheap -- comparable to a practice suit -- there is little reason to wait: order one and give it a try. Quick service too: I ordered on a Monday and rec'd it by Wednesday.

Jazz Hands
March 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I haven't seen any difference in my times between a Tracer Light and an FS1 or an old Nike Hydra. The difference is in durability. The Tracer is amazing at keeping its shape after I've used it at many meets.

ande
March 24th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure, I suggest you get several tech suits and test them

Areas to evaluate could be:

+ Performance (speed)
+ Compression
+ Coverage
+ Comfort
+ Durability
+ Price

What else?

But obviously the most important factor is SPEED

I suggest you do this:

Day 1
warm up 1500
then put on one tech suit and do
8 x (25 AFAP FOR TIME, 75 easy on 3:00)
starting the same way each time
having the same person time and record the times

Then do the same test on
Day 2 in a different suit.
then compare times to see if there's any difference.

then do the same test on
Day 3 in a different suit

Then train for speed a few weeks
Then repeat the tests

hello swim world, i just have one important question, and its about techincal suits, right now i dont care how much i spend on it but i just want to know which suit is better and why ?
lzr elite or arena r-evo

knelson
March 24th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure, I suggest you get several tech suits (http://www.usms.org/forums/showpost.php?p=204355&postcount=1346) and test them

Sure thing Bill Gates! :)

orca1946
March 24th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I needed to return the Yangfa suit cuz it did not fit my chubby body, even at that good price.

Dolphin 2
March 24th, 2011, 06:19 PM
In addition to pinching, binding, and skin chafing, tech suits must also be giving swimmers a bad case of "7 Year Itch" because the debate just won't go away!!! :badday:

D2

jaadams1
March 24th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Agree with Jazz, at least with respect to performance. Fit might be another story. I too like the Tracer Light a lot.

I recently received a Yingfa suit (http://www.swimdownhill.com/) which is super-cheap. I haven't tried it in competition yet but it seems pretty sturdy when I tried it on at home. I'll give it a try at a meet in a little over a week and will report back. I think Patrick Brundage tried one in a meet and reported back favorably.

But they are so cheap -- comparable to a practice suit -- there is little reason to wait: order one and give it a try. Quick service too: I ordered on a Monday and rec'd it by Wednesday.

I've purchased a couple of the Yingfa suits and have had good swims with them. I'm sure I would have swum about the same naked too, but the suit does feel good in the water. For the price of $33, I'll use these suits all day long...why waste precious $$$$ on something else that will be virtually the same effect for the purposes most of us are swimming. Unless you're really top-notch leaders of the pack in the world going for the Olympics or such...stick with the cheap $33 suits that work great!! My debut in the Yingfa jammer was my 18:07 1650 in February...(Knelson was a witness to it). I'm not saying the suit swam the race for me...there was a lot of hard work prior to it. I'm satisfied, and that's really all that matters for me. :applaud: