PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Story

Chris Stevenson
April 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
I guess it had to happen (http://www.vaswim.org/2011/04/new-masters-standard-in-jeopardy-due-to-unusual-positive-drug-test/) eventually...

aquageek
April 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Best line:

"... I will say that during the kick set I thought Dave was being overly frisky..."

thewookiee
April 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
Sorry to hear that your record was broken Chris. Guess you better start using the catnip.

Chris Stevenson
April 1st, 2011, 10:22 AM
wasn't aware that it happened at all except for Olympic level events

We take our practices pretty seriously in these parts.

pwb
April 1st, 2011, 11:20 AM
I had my suspicions over 25 years ago when Dave pulled a similar move on me back in a BRAC workout. Finally, he's outed. The allegations have dogged him for all this time (a la Lance) so I hope that swift and sufficient justice is meted out.

Chris, as Top Ten recorder, I'm assuming we're going to start seeing asterisks by Dave's times. I'm also looking forward to jumping up one spot on the GTD chart since Dave clearly couldn't have put in the amazing amount of miles he'd logged without this artificial support.

qbrain
April 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
I had my suspicions over 25 years ago when Dave pulled a similar move on me back in a BRAC workout. Finally, he's outed. The allegations have dogged him for all this time (a la Lance) so I hope that swift and sufficient justice is meted out.

His deportation to Singapore for caning is currently being processed.

orca1946
April 1st, 2011, 12:33 PM
Are coughing up hair balls part of the side effects ??:blush:

pwb
April 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM
His deportation to Singapore for caning is currently being processed.Good idea. I hope that a few of us 'wrongly injured' by his actions are allowed to come along and watch like witnesses to an execution. Q, we can stay and workout at that rooftop pool you found (http://www.takeoffeh.com/readarticle.php?article=22732) while we're there.

Karen Duggan
April 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Bind him to the scratching post!!!

knelson
April 1st, 2011, 01:08 PM
The latest news is that Dave is claiming a medical waiver allowing him to use catnip. Stay tuned...

Forum Moderator
April 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Bind him to the scratching post!!!

Please be advised that your post has been reported as a personal attack. At this point the allegations against Mr. Holland have yet to be proved. Please refrain from inciting such drastic actions until he is proven guilty by a jury of his peers, assuming we can find 12 cat-nip addicted swimaholics.

On a related note. Be advised that all forum moderators will be on spring break in Cancun starting today at 5:00 PM EDT, for one week. In reviewing our available options to keep the USMS Discussion Forum civil during this time we determined to continue to allow members to post, however you will be limited to one post per day. So plan ahead and make it count.

Karen Duggan
April 1st, 2011, 01:53 PM
So noted.

Oh, wait, does this one count?!

Rats.

swimshark
April 1st, 2011, 02:53 PM
Hm, waste my one post per day on cat nip. I'm game.

Allen Stark
April 1st, 2011, 02:55 PM
I for one am glad this reprehensible act has been brought into the daylight.We need more testing.I propose testing everyone I swim against(testing me is unnecessary of course,now excuse me while I go to Petco.)

The Fortress
April 1st, 2011, 03:11 PM
On a related note. Be advised that all forum moderators will be on spring break in Cancun starting today at 5:00 PM EDT, for one week. In reviewing our available options to keep the USMS Discussion Forum civil during this time we determined to continue to allow members to post, however you will be limited to one post per day. So plan ahead and make it count.

I hope this pernicious punishment does not apply to blog comments, or there will be some unhappy folks. Geek and Speedo and Q will have to stop discussing the merits of Katy Perry and the like.

qbrain
April 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Geek and Speedo and Q will have to stop discussing the merits of Katy Perry and the like.

The discussion was about pop music, you make it sound like it was ... about something else.

Chris Stevenson
April 1st, 2011, 05:01 PM
The discussion was about pop music, you make it sound like it was ... about something else.

California girls?

Speedo
April 1st, 2011, 05:01 PM
The discussion was about pop music, you make it sound like it was ... about something else.Indeed.

ElaineK
April 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM
To all who have posted before me; especially Chris and the Forum Moderator:
:lmao:

quicksilver
April 1st, 2011, 05:53 PM
during this time we determined to continue to allow members to post, however you will be limited to one post per day. So plan ahead and make it count.

:dj_dance:

That Guy
April 1st, 2011, 06:02 PM
One

That Guy
April 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
word

That Guy
April 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
per

That Guy
April 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
post????

That Guy
April 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
This

That Guy
April 1st, 2011, 06:05 PM
is

That Guy
April 1st, 2011, 06:06 PM
madness!!!

The Fortress
April 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM
This is how Jim prefers everyone to comment on his blog.

ALM
April 1st, 2011, 06:46 PM
Last edited by ElaineK; April 1st, 2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: It wasn't Jayhawk!

Yeah, don't confuse me with that Forum Moderator guy. I'm changing my avatar right now... :outtahere:

__steve__
April 1st, 2011, 08:26 PM
Catnit april fools?

ViveBene
April 1st, 2011, 08:52 PM
...Be advised that all forum moderators will be on spring break in Cancun starting today at 5:00 PM EDT, for one week. In reviewing our available options to keep the USMS Discussion Forum civil during this time we determined to continue to allow members to post, however you will be limited to one post per day. So plan ahead and make it count.
How will y'all know? Catnip is endemic in Cancun! Plus some other stuff!
And you'll be doing this, anyway:
:dj_dance:

orca1946
April 2nd, 2011, 12:45 AM
Catnip !!!!!!??????? He said it was the good SH?#:bolt: