PDA

View Full Version : Spot to swim, Cape Coral, Florida

celticbass1
April 3rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
I'm sure there is a specific spot to post this question but please cut me some slack, I'm working from a relatively antiquated cell phone for internet. Can someone please tell me where I can swim laps in the Cape Coral Florida area? Thanks.

Jimbosback
April 4th, 2011, 11:45 AM
You can swim at the Cape Coral Wellness Center (where I swim), but drop-in fee is expensive (like 10 or 15 bucks, I think). Indoors, 25 yards.

Just over the midpoint bridge is the Fort Myers Aquatic Center, at the end of DeLeon Street. It is a bigger pool SCY/SCM (outdoors), and I'm not sure which it is set up for now. There is a Swim Florida Masters group there in the evening, I think at 6. I don't know what the fee is.
http://www.cityftmyers.com/recreation/Attractions/AquaticCenters/tabid/830/Default.aspx

In summer, the high school pool is open. The Yacht Club pool is open, but go early because it's a zoo.

If you don't mind a drive, the Aquatic Center at FGCU has open swims. Not sure of the hours. There is a masters team there, too.

A.K.
April 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Cape Coral HS has a new Master's swim workout M-F 7:30PM-8:30PM

Show up and talk to Becca.

You need to show your Master's Membership card and Lee Swim pass(annual fee of 60$ for Individual - 85$ for Family- gets you into multiple pools)

I will be new to this group and plan to start this week or next.

Jimbosback
April 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Cape Coral HS has a new Master's swim workout M-F 7:30PM-8:30PM

Show up and talk to Becca.

You need to show your Master's Membership card and Lee Swim pass(annual fee of 60$ for Individual - 85$ for Family- gets you into multiple pools)

I will be new to this group and plan to start this week or next.

Good to know.

A.K.
April 5th, 2011, 09:53 PM
They just started and I met with Becca last week. Nice pool and only 5-12 ppl show up. Maybe I'll see you out there.

I tried LA Fitness and the pool is disgusting and poorly made. In fact they will be closing it soon for more repairs.