PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Association Meet

backstroker53
April 4th, 2011, 01:38 PM
We are already planning for next year’s OMS Association Meet. For various reasons detailed below, we are focusing on April 13-15, 2012.

Oregon Spring Break is March 24-April 1. Washington Spring Break is March 30-April 8. PNA Champs April 7-8. Easter is April 8th. USMS Spring Nationals are scheduled for April 26-29 in Greensboro, NC.

We need everyone’s help in securing a Short Course Yards site for 300+ swimmers on those dates. If we can’t find a club or local team host the event, the OMS Board will consider renting a facility and having the meet hosted by the organization as a whole. However, we first need a pool and banquet venue. The banquet location doesn’t have to be at the same location as the pool, but it needs to be in the same general area.

Any ideas, suggestions or comments on this topic are welcome.

estherellis
April 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Nike has a nice pool and locker room. There are many choices for meeting rooms and dinner sites in Beaverton/Portland.

jaadams1
April 4th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Depending on the location (in relation to Portland) I may come down from the Inland NW to swim the Oregon meet this next year. I have family & friends there in Portland which makes it easier. My vote is for either the MAC or T-Hills facilities. There are plenty of other choices too.