PDA

View Full Version : Annual Meeting

dpflyer
September 22nd, 2003, 08:58 PM
The Annual Meeting for Wisconsin Masters Swimming will be this Saturday, Sept 27 at 1:00 PM. The meeting will be held at the Madison East YMCA, 711 Cottage Grove Rd, Madison, WI 53716.
This YMCA is located just west of the junction of US Hwy 51 (aka Stoughton Rd) and Cottage Grove Rd. Please let me know if you plan on coming so I can change rooms. The meeting should last about two hours.

Agenda:
Old Business -
Reduce interest% on Loan from John Bauman to buy new timing
Communication: website, newsletter
New Business -
Meet Management
By-laws for our LMSC (Local Masters Swim Committee)
Review Convention issues
Scheduling of meets
Badger State Games invitees
Announcements from Convention

dulfin
October 2nd, 2003, 08:18 PM
Any update on the meeting for those of us not able to attend?

dpflyer
October 7th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Hi Dulfin - I intend to post a more lengthy summation of the meeting on our website in the next couple weeks. That website is http://www.swim-wimasters.org

You're probably wondering about the meet schedule for the 2003-04 year. Our first meet, of course, is Oct 25 in Appleton at Lawrence University. The meet info and entry form are available at the above site now.

The next meet will be Dec 6 at Wauwatosa West HS.
We're trying to get a meet set up at the new Oconomowoc Y for Jan 11, a Sunday morning.
There will be the One-Hour Swim in Milwaukee with date & place still to be determined.
Feb 15 is the annual Madison East Y meet, also a Sunday morning.
Feb 22 is another meet at Wauwatosa West.
March 6 will be Stevens Point Y.
We're looking into having our State Meet the last or next-to-last weekend in March.
The Illinois Masters are looking to have their state meet the first weekend in April but so far no word on where it will be. Last word is they had 3 bidders.
Then National Y meet will be April 15-18 in Florida - Ft. Lauderdale?
And, the National USMS meet will be at Indianapolis (IUPUI) the following weekend, April 22-25.
Badger State Games will be June 27 in Madison.

I'll try to address any specific questions regarding the agenda that you may have received. Thanks for using this forum!

Dick Pitman