PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Masters

thewookiee
April 19th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know of a good team or place to swim in the Cincinnati area on Saturday?

I will be in Cincinnati for business and would like recommendations on a good place to swim early Saturday morning.

Thanks.

srcoyote
April 20th, 2011, 11:48 AM
The Y allows reciprocal membership visits 3X per year if you're a Y member.

The Blue Ash branch has a pool that officially opens at 6:30, but is often open shortly after 6. It's like swimming in a hot tub, though.

The Powell-Crosley branch has a great pool that opens at 7. It can get crowded, but most people are willing to split a lane.

After that, the downtown branch opens at 8. Great if you like the dungeon-esque feel.

If you're not a Y member and want to use one of my guest passes at one of the first two mentioned, let me know. I'll make sure I have one on hand.

The universities have pools, but hours are irregular and expensive to get in.

thewookiee
April 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM
The Y allows reciprocal membership visits 3X per year if you're a Y member.

The Blue Ash branch has a pool that officially opens at 6:30, but is often open shortly after 6. It's like swimming in a hot tub, though.

The Powell-Crosley branch has a great pool that opens at 7. It can get crowded, but most people are willing to split a lane.

After that, the downtown branch opens at 8. Great if you like the dungeon-esque feel.

If you're not a Y member and want to use one of my guest passes at one of the first two mentioned, let me know. I'll make sure I have one on hand.

The universities have pools, but hours are irregular and expensive to get in.

Thanks David. I have a Y membership, so I will check out some of them in the area.

swim53
April 20th, 2011, 02:11 PM
also try Mason OH if u r to the north

vndad
April 21st, 2011, 11:10 PM
I have premier guest pass at the Mason Community Center, which is located 25 miles north of downtown Cincinnati. The direction and pool schedule are as follows:
http://www.imaginemason.org/about/how-to-find-us#CommCampus
http://www.imaginemason.org/sites/default/files/files/1104-PoolSchedule.pdf

The water temperature is 79 for the competition pool and 86 for the leisure pool.

Let me know if you would like to drive up to Mason Saturday morning. Parking is free by the way.

The swimming pool at University of Cincinnati opens 8:00am-8:30pm. One-day guest pass costs $10. The place is close to downtown but parking is tricky.