PDA

View Full Version : curse in the last 50 of a 200?

rtodd
April 20th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Should we be cursing underwater in our races?

http://news.consumerreports.org/health/2009/07/cursing-can-reduce-pain-perception-profanity-four-letter-words-.html

fmracing
April 20th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Sounds good to me. Swearing is fun. :)

quicksilver
April 20th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Should we be cursing underwater in our races?

Ande may have a new Swim Faster Faster tip.

...take 4 dolphins and 2 :bitching: :bitching: off each wall. :)

AnnG
April 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM
If you think it will help you swim faster . . .

jethro
April 20th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I knew it! It's not bad manners, it's pain management. :censor::banana:

Allen Stark
April 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I have a friend,a backstroker,who in the 100 IM came in for the back to breast turn and turned to his stomach.Realizing his mistake he continued to turn back to his back and as his face came up he exclaimed loud enough for most to hear"OH :censor:" Amazingly he was not DQd and another friend told him"the turn judge was the only one in the building who missed that."

pwb
April 21st, 2011, 10:45 AM
I curse underwater on any morning when I dive in and the water's colder than I want it to be ... which is pretty much any morning here in Arizona from mid-September to mid-June. It's like an extra shot of espresso to get me going.

ElaineK
April 21st, 2011, 11:47 AM
I curse underwater on any morning when I dive in and the water's colder than I want it to be ... which is pretty much any morning here in Arizona from mid-September to mid-June. It's like an extra shot of espresso to get me going.

I did the same thing for opposite reasons, when I returned to our community pool, after it had been closed for 21/2 weeks for repairs. After training in a 78-79 degree pool during that period (:ohyeah:), I uttered a much too loud ":censor:", when I jumped into our 85 degree community pool.

pwb
April 21st, 2011, 12:00 PM
After training in a 78-79 degree pool during that period (:ohyeah:), I uttered a much too loud ":censor:", when I jumped into our 85 degree community pool. Yeah, Elaine, that reminds that from mid-June to mid-September here, I usually curse the hot water in our pools ... so it's a year-round morning tradition for me.

jaadams1
April 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Last season I did this a few times. If I recall correctly, it was in the 200 Fly, and something like:

"Oh :censor:, this is starting to hurt.

Oh :censor:!! Here comes That Guy...

Oh :censor::censor:!!!! ... there goes That Guy!!"

Not to be repeated in the coming fall season...:bolt:

Karl_S
April 21st, 2011, 01:51 PM
HS conference championships: Guy on our squad steps up for the 50 free. The starter says, "quiet for the start". The natatorium goes quiet. "Take your mark" Then someone's camera shutter goes "click click click". Our guy rockets off the block and hollers "Oh S..." with the bleeped part obscured by his splash. No false start was charged and the starter read the riot act to the crowd. I forget our guy's place, but I am sure it was top 6, he went a 22-low.

That Guy
April 21st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Last season I did this a few times. If I recall correctly, it was in the 200 Fly, and something like:

"Oh :censor:, this is starting to hurt.

:bliss:

ElaineK
April 21st, 2011, 02:13 PM
To James and That Guy:
:duel:
May the best 'flyer win!
:cheerleader:

:D

fmracing
April 21st, 2011, 03:10 PM

Talkin about me again eh? :angel:

Edit: er nvm, in making my smart ass comment I hadn't realized there was an actual guy named "that guy" lol.

jaadams1
April 21st, 2011, 03:37 PM
To James and That Guy:
:duel:
May the best 'flyer win!
:cheerleader:

:D

I sure do give it my best effort!! :applaud:

orca1946
April 21st, 2011, 06:29 PM
No cursing :bitching::bitching::bitching:, but a lot of grunts:blah::blah::blah: in the final effort!!!!!