PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Ipod

swimmermom
May 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM
I have a son that has swum competitively in high school and is interested in swimming on his own in college. Has anyone tried any of the underwater ipod options to know if they work well?

Debugger
May 2nd, 2011, 03:03 AM
I have a son that has swum competitively in high school and is interested in swimming on his own in college. Has anyone tried any of the underwater ipod options to know if they work well?
I've got Speedo Aquabeat Waterproof MP3 Player with regular ear-buds. In my opinion it is ok if you swim in relaxed manner without doing flip turns. I noticed that ear-buds start leaking when I'm doing flip turns. Even when I changed to waterproof ear-buds that wouldn't solve the problem. When they leak sound becomes very distorted and sometimes disappear.
Another thing I experienced it's much harder to concentrate with player when you are swimming sets with target time. Strange it's fine when you run but not when you swim. Actually that's the main reason I stopped taking it to the pool and listen to it only on a dry land.

Popeye.Tom
May 2nd, 2011, 05:54 PM
I can ask at practice and maybe even give the Finis player a try. A couple of the girls on my daughter's team wear them in practice. They wear the ear buds up under their caps.

My sister gave me the Finis for Christmas - I haven't told her that I've not even opened the blister pack. I just can't get excited about it, but then I'm kind of a Luddite!

I'd offer to sell you mine, but my daughter would have a fit (even though I won't let her have them!) I tell her that when in practice she needs to be listening to coach (and me > asst. coach).

PT

swimmermom
May 2nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback. He'll be doing flip turns, so this helps me rule this brand out. He also likes to time his sets, so he may feel the same way you do about the music interrupting his rhthym.

swimmermom
May 2nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks for asking around. Any insight is appreciated!