PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Athens on June 4th?

ElaineK
May 4th, 2011, 04:26 PM
You knew this was coming, right? :D

GAJA, let's blow them out of the water! :cheerleader:

Lump
May 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM
well, as its an in-state meet there is no "GAJA" superteam. Everyone swims on their own team. I'm planning on being there so far.

ElaineK
May 4th, 2011, 09:26 PM
well, as its an in-state meet there is no "GAJA" superteam. Everyone swims on their own team. I'm planning on being there so far.

Ooops! I forgot about that! I had Nats. on the brain... :D See you in Athens!

Donna
May 4th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Sorry I will miss this one but I will see you at Nationals in Auburn.

While you were in Mesa I was at a kids LCM meet and will be doing another kids meet in June.

mcountryman
May 10th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I plan on going..see ya there!

ElaineK
May 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I plan on going..see ya there!

:applaud: Great! See you there, Marianne!

Slowswim
May 13th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Can't make it. Just getting too close to the date I move to Germany.:banana:

I have family and friend things to do before I go.:chug::blah:

ElaineK
May 13th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Can't make it. Just getting too close to the date I move to Germany.:banana:

I have family and friend things to do before I go.:chug::blah:

Are you still going to SwimFest? :D

Lump
May 15th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Well, think I'm gonna skip this one now. Just too much going on that weekend with my brother-in-law getting married. I'll shoot for Greenville and Knoxville.

swimcat
May 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
planning on it

thewookiee
May 17th, 2011, 06:07 PM
. Just too much going on that weekend with my brother-in-law getting married.

I didn't know georgia allowed multiple marriages? Hope your sister knows about it. :)

WPSWIMS
May 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Just filled out my entry and will put it in the morning mail. I have not been swimming much this year...the skiing has been too good...last day was May 13. Elaine I would love to meet you...I will be wearing a Colorado cap and T shirt! Hopefully I can get a couple of long course practices at Swim Atlanta-Sugarloaf.

Lump
May 17th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I didn't know georgia allowed multiple marriages? Hope your sister knows about it. :)

No sisters for me....wife's brother.:D

thewookiee
May 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM
No sisters for me....wife's brother.:D

Awww...that adds some clarity.

moodyrichardson
May 18th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Well, think I'm gonna skip this one now. Just too much going on that weekend with my brother-in-law getting married. I'll shoot for Greenville and Knoxville.

What Knoxville meet? Can someone hook me up with a link?

want2beafish
May 18th, 2011, 04:30 PM
What Knoxville meet? Can someone hook me up with a link?
Here it is: http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/1107knoxville.pdf

Haven't decided yet on Athens, but will probably go. Am planning on Knoxville too, and possibly Greenville. Unsure about Auburn as it is the week before school starts and I would miss my kids' registrations. Not sure I want to leave that to anyone else as I seem to think (with an inflated sense of self-importance, I'm sure) that I'm the only one who can do it right. :bolt:

ElaineK
May 18th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Just filled out my entry and will put it in the morning mail. I have not been swimming much this year...the skiing has been too good...last day was May 13. Elaine I would love to meet you...I will be wearing a Colorado cap and T shirt! Hopefully I can get a couple of long course practices at Swim Atlanta-Sugarloaf.

I will look for you! You can find me with a red, white, and dark blue Speedo and a blue cap. I also have a swim parka with the USMS logo on the back. I will be with the GAJA gang!

moodyrichardson
May 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Here it is: http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/1107knoxville.pdf

Haven't decided yet on Athens, but will probably go. Am planning on Knoxville too, and possibly Greenville. Unsure about Auburn as it is the week before school starts and I would miss my kids' registrations. Not sure I want to leave that to anyone else as I seem to think (with an inflated sense of self-importance, I'm sure) that I'm the only one who can do it right. :bolt:

Thanks for the info!

ElaineK
June 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
To all of you who will be swimming in this meet tomorrow: YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT, if you are seeing this facility for the first time! It puts Georgia Tech to shame!! And, although Auburn is an awesome facility, the women's locker room was small there and this one is HUGE!

We just arrived and decided to check out the facility ahead of time, since we have the afternoon free. The natatorium is just one area of one, huge, amazing recreation facility. I have never seen anything like it!

I spoke with one of the coaches and the water is 80 degrees and the pool is fast. It should be a fun time for all of us tomorrow!

:cheerleader: Gooooo Killer Whales!!! :cheerleader:

P.S. I would advise parking in the parking structure (turn left after the uncovered parking lot) since it will be a hot one tomorrow. Your car will love you for it and it will be much cooler getting back into your car after the meet.

swimcat
June 4th, 2011, 05:32 PM
nice seeing you Elainiak. the temp at meet time was 81.4.

ElaineK
June 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
nice seeing you Elainiak. the temp at meet time was 81.4.

It was great seeing you, too! Ya know, I wondered about the water temperature, because it seemed warmer than 80 degrees to me, too. The dive tank was like a hot tub, though!