PDA

View Full Version : Go the distance..Rewards not sent

rlee
May 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I have been doing the go the distance rewards for two years. I haven't seen one reward! Anyone else not seen one?

Bobinator
May 8th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Are you sure you are signed up? Maybe your zip code is wrong.
I've been doing gtd for 4 years and received every single award I've earned.
Perhaps you should go to the gtd page and e-mail the award coordinator.

ALM
May 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Rhonda,

For 2010 you swam a total of 88.10 miles, which means you should have received the swim cap (50-mile award).

In 2011 you have swum 65.34 miles so far, so you should be receiving a cap this year, too. You hit the 50-mile mark on March 29th. I'm not sure how often the awards are mailed but it may just be that it hasn't been mailed yet.

I will send you an email message with the address that we have on file for you, to make sure it is correct.

Anna Lea Matysek
Membership Coordinator
U.S. Masters Swimming
655 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34236
AnnaLea@usms.org
941-556-6279

rlee
May 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks I got the email:o) They had my address right except apt. 2 My neighbors down stairs didn't get my cap. Thanks so much for the fast reply! Your the best! :o)

rlee
May 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Are you sure you are signed up? Maybe your zip code is wrong.
I've been doing gtd for 4 years and received every single award I've earned.
Perhaps you should go to the gtd page and e-mail the award coordinator.
I am registered:o) Maybe it is because Niagra doesn't like me?

orca1946
May 8th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I hope you get the rewards. It seems as if you like to swim!:applaud:

larsoda
May 8th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I'd give the 2011 awards more time. I hit 50 miles in late Jan/early Feb and got my cap in mid-April. I recall 2010 having a similar lag time.

couldbebetterfly
May 8th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I'd give the 2011 awards more time. I hit 50 miles in late Jan/early Feb and got my cap in mid-April. I recall 2010 having a similar lag time.

My cap arrived mid April too, although I only hit the 50 miles at the start of March. I just reached 100 miles - anyone know if this is a physical voucher through the mail, or if we get emailed a code to use online?

Lump
May 8th, 2011, 11:47 PM
You can have mine.

swimshark
May 9th, 2011, 07:34 AM
My cap arrived mid April too, although I only hit the 50 miles at the start of March. I just reached 100 miles - anyone know if this is a physical voucher through the mail, or if we get emailed a code to use online?

It gets emailed for the $5 off Nike supplies at All American Swimwear.

couldbebetterfly
May 9th, 2011, 10:25 AM
It gets emailed for the $5 off Nike supplies at All American Swimwear.

Thanks, I'm hoping is sent soon-ish then, so I can order new suits for Smallfly & me and get them before the end of June:)

Or maybe I just order now and then buy more later....

cathym
May 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Last year I did 300 miles. I never received the award for 250. I emailed in March and was told that they had run out of the water bottle awards, maybe they could have posted on the site that they had run out of awards for 250 miles or offer a USMS bathing cap. This year I will make 250 miles by the end of this month or in early June and I am hoping it is early enough that I won't be shut out again.

swimshark
May 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Last year I did 300 miles. I never received the award for 250. I emailed in March and was told that they had run out of the water bottle awards, maybe they could have posted on the site that they had run out of awards for 250 miles or offer a USMS bathing cap. This year I will make 250 miles by the end of this month or in early June and I am hoping it is early enough that I won't be shut out again.

I loved the idea of the water bottle. It's a nice Nike bottle but they put a sticker on it for GTD. Before I even used it, I ran it through the dish washer and the sticker started coming off and it totally faded. So hand wash yours!

cathym
May 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM
No more water bottles, this year it is a mesh bag for 250 miles

ElaineK
May 10th, 2011, 10:27 PM

Great! I have accumulated enough freebie water bottles over the years to last a lifetime. But, I only have one mesh bag and a second would come in handy. :applaud:

couldbebetterfly
May 10th, 2011, 10:33 PM

And now I'm hoping they won't run out at the end of this year....I could really do with a mesh bag, but my GTD goal is only a bit over 250 miles!

analazy
May 11th, 2011, 02:54 AM
also did not received any award, going 262 miles
The cap would be nice as do not have USMS item yet…
:)

Rykno
May 11th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I didn't report my miles until oct 2010, but managed to get a both a cap and bottle.

swam just over 300 miles.

pshepard
May 12th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I also had the same problem with the water bottle. I ran it through the dishwasher and the label came off. I am looking forward to the mesh bag!