PDA

View Full Version : Fastlane

drhgoldman
May 23rd, 2011, 08:58 AM
I posted a request for suggestions how to best use the Fastlane for workouts a couple of months ago. Got no response, which either means no one is using this device effectively or no one read the post. I e-mailed the same request to Endless Pools without response. I've gone back to mostly swimming laps at a pool near my office. I've gotten a little better at using the Fastlane, but still have the same issues with what I call "eddy currents" pulling me out of position. I've added a mirror sold by Endless Pools and another device sold by them to indicate what the water flow rate is, to try to improve how I use this, but these not only made little difference, but I have a problem with rust forming around the screws on the mirror. Endless Pools told me to loosen the screws "to improve water flow." I did that without noticing that it did anything. Bottom line: I would not recommend this device for recreational swimmers like me. I'm really sorry I spent the money on it.

bzaks1424
May 23rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
I unfortunately would vote that those pools while in general are great in theory - are probably not really that great in practice. However - for some things - like the screws - try using galvanized screws to help prevent rusting.

I posted a request for suggestions how to best use the Fastlane for workouts a couple of months ago. Got no response, which either means no one is using this device effectively or no one read the post. I e-mailed the same request to Endless Pools without response. I've gone back to mostly swimming laps at a pool near my office. I've gotten a little better at using the Fastlane, but still have the same issues with what I call "eddy currents" pulling me out of position. I've added a mirror sold by Endless Pools and another device sold by them to indicate what the water flow rate is, to try to improve how I use this, but these not only made little difference, but I have a problem with rust forming around the screws on the mirror. Endless Pools told me to loosen the screws "to improve water flow." I did that without noticing that it did anything. Bottom line: I would not recommend this device for recreational swimmers like me. I'm really sorry I spent the money on it.

endlesspools
May 27th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear of your problems Dr. Goldman. As in your case, when the product is purchased used, we can't vouch for its condition. We encourage anyone considering a Fastlane to take a test swim and make up their own minds. The feedback we've received at numerous USMS LC's & SC's where the product was demonstrated, was resoundingly positive.