PDA

View Full Version : Any pools on St. Thomas USVI?

Fresnoid
May 25th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Yes, I know there is plenty of warm, clear ocean there. I don't like open water for working out (or racing).

Jeff Commings
May 25th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I was there in January 2010, and I remember seeing a couple of public pools. We stopped at one and it didn't look very clean.

I don't like open water swimming very much, but I swam in the ocean every day for at least 30 minutes. One day, we swam from the beach near the aquarium to Thatch Cay, which for us was an hour round-trip swim that included a five-minute rest at Thatch Cay before swimming back. It's a very tough swim, and probably better than any 4,000-meter workout I would have gotten in that icky pool!

Fresnoid
May 25th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks Jeff. I may have to try that. I'm going diving with my daughters. Depending on where we go I might swim back to shore instead of taking the boat.

moodyrichardson
May 26th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure about pools, but Meagan's Bay Beach is a great place to swim. Since it's a bay, the water is very calm, and it's extremely clear. The beach is also lifeguarded.

notsofast
May 26th, 2011, 06:18 PM
The most famous swimming pool in the Virgin Islands is the one in St. Croix that was destroyed in Hurricane Hugo. Because he no longer had a place to swim competitively, Tim Duncan started playing basketball.

Speedo
May 26th, 2011, 08:14 PM
There's a pool just west of Red Hook on 32/Red Hook Hwy, just on the outskirts of "town." I recall passing it when I did some work down there, and looked on google earth and sure enough- Maybe you can stop by depending on where you are staying. I didn't swimg there so I can't tell you anything more than it seems to be a 25m/yd outdoor pool.