PDA

View Full Version : Dash For Cash??!!

Rob Nasser
March 26th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Hey Colorado Masters (and possible others..)!!

We are currently looking into the possibility of hosting a "Dash for Cash" type of meet in the first couple weeks of June. This will be a SCY meet and we are trying to come up with some good ideas for how to run this and make it fun for everyone, and I think we have it down..

What I am wondering is this..

If we host a SCY meet in June (Outdoors and in a FAST pool.. Same overflow gutters that are in Long Beach and tall blocks, etc, etc..), is there any interest in the Colorado area to go to a meet like this since there is so little offered in the Summer?? Would you want to do a SCY meet at this point or not? What pros / cons can you possibly see in a meet like this? We are trying to host the best possible meet and would appreciate any constructive feedback on this..

Thanks In Advance!
Rob Nasser

Paul Smith
March 26th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Rob,
Sounds like a great idea, count us in! Personally I'd like to see something a little different, maybe a "sprint" format like the one mixed with relays? Didn't Gary Hall organize something like this last fall that was also a fund raiser?

Rob Nasser
March 26th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Paul -

We were actually thinking of either running a mini-meet within the "Dash for Cash" meet to give the people participating in the DFC some rest if they wanted to do more than one event. The other option was to do a summer fiesta type of thing where it's like a show of sorts.. There are a few other rules that we will have in place to make it fair and also to lure not just the fastest swimmers. Hit your time and place, stuff like that.. 25's, 50's, 100's, maybe even 200's??

Do you know what the format of the one that Gary Hall did? I would really be interested in hearing how that went and what the format was exactly.

Rob Nasser

Cinswims
March 26th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Hey Rob!
This sounds very fun. I'd like to know more. I've never heard of this being done before but whatever help the COMSA exec. board can give you, let me know.