PDA

View Full Version : Lat strain

taruky
May 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this (couldn't find the topic in a search of the forum). A couple weeks ago I started having sharp pain in my right upper latissumus dorsi. I have no idea how it happened, I didn't feel the pain until hours after swimming. I didn't think much of it, but it has morphed into pain in the lateral lats, lateral chest and pecs, and even a strange discomfort and weakness in my upper arm laterally and in my forearm. I have continued to swim (yeah dumb I know, but I can't help myself) while icing, massaging (electric massager), and stretching. Bench pressing and other pectoralis using weightlifting is very weak on that side. I don't believe it is a thoracic outlet syndrome or shoulder impingement (which I've had before) as it really doesn't fit the symptoms. Specifically I have no hand pain and I do have pain to palpation of my right lat. Interestingly I have no pain while swimming.

Any thought or recommendations would be appreciated, especially from those of you who have experienced this.