PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Spring Nationals Official Gridge Thread

pwolf66
June 12th, 2011, 02:38 PM
OK, I'm throwing out the gauntlet.

I plan on being in Greensboro, ready to kick some serious rear in the following:

50/100/200 Free
50/100 Fly
6th event to be named later (actually thinking about a distance free event but maybe I'm just running a fever)

No gridge too large (unless the wife says heck no) or too small.

jaadams1
June 12th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Official Gridge Thread

Hey That Guy...I think you've been copied. :D I'm sure you'll be okay though, don't :cry:

That Guy
June 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hey That Guy...I think you've been copied. :D I'm sure you'll be okay though, don't :cry:

I did not invent gridges, PWolf and I have gridged before in the 50 SCY fly, and I'm not planning to go to Greensboro, so he's got the green light to put sharks with freakin laser beams in the pool during Geek's 1650. That's just... you know, an example. Not at all an... uhhhhh... I should just stop typing now :bolt:

Chris Stevenson
June 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM
OK, I'm throwing out the gauntlet.

I plan on being in Greensboro, ready to kick some serious rear in the following:

50 Fly

No gridge too large (unless the wife says heck no) or too small.

I am almost completely certain for G'boro, so: 50% of my 100 fly vs. your 50 fly. Loser buys the winner a beer of his choice.

Furthermore, if I lose I cannot publicly make fun of the last 25 of your 100 fly. (Honestly, I can't believe I'm risking this one. The entertainment value of your 100 fly in Clovis was worth the trip all by itself. Whoops, there I go again.)

(actually thinking about a distance free event but maybe I'm just running a fever)

:rofl:

pwolf66
June 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I am almost completely certain for G'boro, so: 50% of my 100 fly vs. your 50 fly. Loser buys the winner a beer of his choice.

Furthermore, if I lose I cannot publicly make fun of the last 25 of your 100 fly. (Honestly, I can't believe I'm risking this one. The entertainment value of your 100 fly in Clovis was worth the trip all by itself. Whoops, there I go again.)

:rofl:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Never gonna live that one down and I shouldn't

I'll take that gridge, even tho I have a feeling I'll be buying you a beer as I'm gonna have to 24-mid to have a chance. But I'll do my best.

Edit: Oh wait, I thought it was first 50 of your 100 versus my 50. Hmm, I need to go 25-mid to have a shot. That is doable.

Speedo
June 13th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Your 50 fly vs. the 2nd 50 of my 100 free, loser uses the following avatar for a month following the meet + must post a minimum of 1x/day.

http://images.free-extras.com/pics/c/cute_kittens-326.jpg

pwolf66
June 13th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Your 50 fly vs. the 2nd 50 of my 100 free, loser uses the following avatar for a month following the meet + must post a minimum of 1x/day.

Yuk, but you're on.

Edit: I've printed this horrifying picture out, will laminate it and put it on a kickboard that will be at the end of the lane. Talk about motivation!!!!

Speedo
June 13th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Edit: I've printed this horrifying picture out, will laminate it and put it on a kickboard that will be at the end of the lane. Talk about motivation!!!!Sounds like a great plan Paul- by the time you make it your avatar you should be desensitized to it. :)

jroddin
June 13th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Chris,

Wouldn't a more fair bet be your last 50 of the 100 fly vs. Wolf's individual 50 fly?

That wouldn't be fair in butterfly (or breast) because your 2nd 50 split includes your turn (starts with your hand touch). At least in free or back your 2nd 50 split is from a push.

pwolf66
June 13th, 2011, 02:55 PM
50% of Chris' 100 Fly versus my 50 Fly is a pretty interesting match up. If I keep training haphazardly then I'm more than than likely going to lose by 2-3 tenths. If I train regularly then it will be a toss up, if I train aggresively then he's gonna have to bring the mail.

qbrain
June 13th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Straight up 200 free! Can we get a repeat?

jaadams1
June 13th, 2011, 09:31 PM

Do it like a teammate of mine did when I was an age grouper:
In the 100 Free, he and another rival were basically the only 2 in the race, and they knew they were going to duke it out for the win. My teammate Chris dove in, and instantly went into "cooldown mode". This confused the other kid, and he went slow as well. They both split around 26s...at the flipturn of the 50, Chris took off at a full sprint and the other guy didn't know what hit him. Chris ended up splitting a 23 on the second 50 and annihilated the other kid. It was so funny!

That would be one way to not have the loveable kitty avatar.

pwolf66
June 14th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Straight up 200 free! Can we get a repeat?

And the stakes are??????

Chris Stevenson
June 14th, 2011, 12:12 PM
if I train aggresively

Right, like THAT is going to happen! (Sorry, felt the need for some trash talk...it is a gridge thread, after all...)

aquageek
June 14th, 2011, 12:58 PM
i haven't decided what I will swim next season yet but if I overlap with Q I plan to beat him badly, to the point of Strawberry Shortcake humiliation.

pwolf66
June 14th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Right, like THAT is going to happen! (Sorry, felt the need for some trash talk...it is a gridge thread, after all...)

Oh, I agree, it's a huge 'if' but if it does happen, that beer is mine, because you are going to have to go 49-mid, but that's a big if.

pwolf66
June 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
i haven't decided what I will swim next season yet but if I overlap with Q I plan to beat him badly, to the point of Strawberry Shortcake humiliation.

Wanna gridge???

Say the 500? My time at the 450 mark versus your 500 time?

qbrain
June 14th, 2011, 01:38 PM
And the stakes are??????

Just bragging rights. 2010 was a great trash talking year but this year has been kinda flat.

pwolf66
June 14th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Just bragging rights. 2010 was a great trash talking year but this year has been kinda flat.

Bah, there's got to be some skin in the game.

Something, a beer at least.

Speedo
June 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM

Something, a beer at least.For the loser's subsequent event, they will walk up behind the blocks, open the Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox they have with them, remove their goggles and cap, and carefully place the box out of the way during their event. Do in reverse when finished. I'm sure geek will want in on this.

qbrain
June 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM

Something, a beer at least.

Fine. The 200 is on Friday, the 50 is on Saturday. The winner of the 200 provides the loser a pretty cap to wear for the 50.

aquageek
June 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM
For the loser's subsequent event, they will walk up behind the blocks, open the Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox they have with them, remove their goggles and cap, and carefully place the box out of the way during their event. Do in reverse when finished. I'm sure geek will want in on this.

Loser also has to wear two temporary kids Strawberry Shortcake tattoos on each pec. I will supply.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053EB77I/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0015LOIAQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0R4ABA48HF3N6PCFZKMD

qbrain
June 14th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Wow, I totally got out gridge-bet on my own gridge.

Although I really like Speedo's idea, I think Geek's is more realistic since the lunchbox is steel and not actually mine. Plus, temporary tattoos pack really well compared to steel lunch boxes.

aquageek
June 14th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Wow, I totally got out gridge-bet on my own gridge.

Although I really like Speedo's idea, I think Geek's is more realistic since the lunchbox is steel and not actually mine. Plus, temporary tattoos pack really well compared to steel lunch boxes.

Let's do both. I am driving up so I will provide all gridge materials.

qbrain
June 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Let's do both. I am driving up so I will provide all gridge materials.

Works for me. Your house is probably fully stocked with gridge materials.

That Guy
June 14th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Additional stipulation: no matter who wins or loses, pictures and/or YouTube videos of the lunchbox usage and applied tattoos must be posted to this thread. :cheerleader:

Chris Stevenson
June 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Best gridge ever.

ElaineK
June 14th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Best gridge ever.

No, Chris, this is the best gridge ever:

For any gridge Aquageek, PWolf, (or anybody else who hates my font) loses, they have to use this font (Comis Sans MS 3 pt. blue) for one month and post on at least one thread every single day. And, they have to use Smilies in every post! :worms: :bolt:

aquageek
June 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM

For any gridge Aquageek, PWolf, (or anybody else who hates my font) loses, they have to use this font (Comis Sans MS 3 pt. blue) for one month and post on at least one thread every single day. And, they have to use Smilies in every post! :worms: :bolt:

I know it is hard to believe, but this isn't about you.

pwolf66
June 14th, 2011, 09:09 PM

Sorry, some things man is not meant to see.

gdanner
June 15th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Avatar/signature battles are popular for forums these days. Winner gives the loser an avatar they have to use for a couple weeks or however long.

Who wants to gridge?!

qbrain
June 15th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Avatar/signature battles are popular for forums these days. Winner gives the loser an avatar they have to use for a couple weeks or however long.

Who wants to gridge?!

I'm in! My 100 free time against your 200 free time.

pwolf66
June 15th, 2011, 04:37 PM

Hmm, could be close

jaadams1
June 15th, 2011, 07:36 PM

Who wants to gridge?!

I could see my 100 Fly vs. your 100 Breast as close. :applaud:

gdanner
June 16th, 2011, 10:29 AM

I see what you did there! :nono:

I could see my 100 Fly vs. your 100 Breast as close. :applaud:
I don't think I can break :58 without a lzr. haha.

I'm gonna hafta see the event order before I decide what events I will swim. I think we voted on the order at the convention last year, but my memory is hazy.

qbrain
June 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I'm gonna hafta see the event order before I decide what events I will swim. I think we voted on the order at the convention last year, but my memory is hazy.

Event order for Nationals is in the rule book out to 2015 or so.

Will this be a shave and taper meet for you? My 100 free vs your 100 fly might be close if you are not tapered. Shaved I would expect to be 52 something.

Speedo
June 18th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Will this be a shave and taper meet for you? My 100 free vs your 100 fly might be close if you are not tapered. Shaved I would expect to be 52 something.Are you expecting to touch 2 walls or 3? :) :bolt:

qbrain
June 18th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Are you expecting to touch 2 walls or 3? :) :bolt:

Hey now, I touched 3 walls... I just had to scull backwards for one of them.