PDA

View Full Version : Teams Local to Statesboro, GA?

CBC
June 14th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Hello all,

I just moved from Gainesville, FL to Statesboro, GA, and I am looking for a local master's swim team / triathlon team. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
~CBC

Donna
June 14th, 2011, 09:25 PM
There is no masters team that I know of in Statesboro but there is a pool at Splash in the Burrow and then there is one at Georgia Southern.

When I see my friend from Statesboro I will try to get the particulars for you but I may not see her until next week.

Donna
June 22nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
There is a small group of Triathletes who swim together Mon, Wed, Fri at 6am at the outdoor pool next to Splash in the Burrow. It is $3 to swim and they are open Mon-Fri at 6am but they are most crowded on Mon, Wed, & Fri. The water is also HOT right now.

They do cover the pool with a bubble in winter.

Hope this helps.

Savannah Masters would be the closest actual team to you but we are in Savannah at the Chatham County Aquatic Center. Masters swim 5:30am-6:45am Mon-Fri and Sat from 7am-8:30am.

If I can help you in any way let me know.

shadybreal
September 23rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
Hello all,

I just moved from Gainesville, FL to Statesboro, GA, and I am looking for a local master's swim team / triathlon team. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
~CBC

I swim at Splash ever Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Would be glad to have more swimmers. The water is finally cooler now too.