PDA

View Full Version : B70 NeroTX for women: size? deals?

pwb
June 21st, 2011, 03:29 PM
Time to buy a new tech suit for my daughter and she's looking at the B70 NeroTx. Two questions, one for all and one for the ladies:

All: anyone know of anyplace offering any deals on these? $299 seems to be the going price based upon my cursory web searching.
Women: on the sizing chart, is height a more important factor than weight, hips or chest? She's 5'10" (and likely still going to grow a bit taller) so that would put her in a size 28, but all other measurements put her in a size 26. Based upon my prior (admittedly male) experience with B70 bodysuits, the most important factor for me was height on the sizing chart. Does it work the same for women and kneeskins?

swimcat
June 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM
i had the comp and wore a 26 so i thought 28 in nero tx. i am 5 "7 .5 , and on slim side. blue seventy told me 30 if i was long waisted and broad shouldered. and had zero tolerance to put on a suit. i tend to wear big since if i can't get it on in 10minutes, i am not interested. call them directly. also hips factor in. if she has no hips, go with smaller size.

swoomer
June 21st, 2011, 08:12 PM
My experience with the Nero TX is that it runs small. I measured a 24 on their chart, but need a 26. They are very narrow in the chest, and really hard to get on the first time. I recommend wearing panty hose to put it on to stretch it out. There doesn't appear to be any deals right now.

pwb
June 22nd, 2011, 12:16 AM
Thx for the feedback, swimcat and swoomer!

want2beafish
June 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
i had the comp and wore a 26 so i thought 28 in nero tx. i am 5 "7 .5 , and on slim side. blue seventy told me 30 if i was long waisted and broad shouldered. and had zero tolerance to put on a suit. i tend to wear big since if i can't get it on in 10minutes, i am not interested. call them directly. also hips factor in. if she has no hips, go with smaller size.

Swimcat, next time you call yourself "fat," I'm going to remind you that you posted that you are on the slim side. Which you definitely are! :) I still think you'd be best in the 28 at the largest.

My experience with the Nero TX is that it runs small. I measured a 24 on their chart, but need a 26. They are very narrow in the chest, and really hard to get on the first time. I recommend wearing panty hose to put it on to stretch it out. There doesn't appear to be any deals right now.

I had the exact same experience, same size as well. I wore a 24 in the Nero Comp, measure for a 24 in the Nero TX, and the 26 Nero TX fits just as it should. I'm 5'6", 125 lbs., wear a 2-4. For reference, I wear a 25L in the Speedo LZR Elite, a 28 in the Tracer Lite (but probably need a tad smaller), and practice in a 30.

pwb, As far as the B70 goes, since your daughter is 5'10", I might tend to size up if in between sizes -- especially for the Nero TX. It is a bit short in the torso compared to other suits. Too bad the B70 doesn't offer longs. As far as deals go, I haven't been able to find any, either. The up side is that at least in my experience, the Nero TX doesn't lose its shape as quickly as the LZR Elite. I've worn mine for several meets and it's still holding up fairly well.

swimcat
June 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
apparently, (just got off phone with blue seventy). you better know your size, they won't take it back.