PDA

View Full Version : rudest interview ever?

Gydra
June 23rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
I don't know how many people watch the Morning Swim Show, but i did this morning and was shocked. Who asks a woman if their baby was planned?! None of their business and all that matters is he/she is here! As a mother i thought that was amazingly inconsiderate. On top of that, who asks an athlete if theres any chance their opponent DOESN'T beat them at the Olympics? I think he is right but theres a real lack of professionalism in asking that. And the every-other-Olympics comment... Wow, it really was just the worst interview I have ever seen. I think she did a good job answering but all the same, so rude.

knelson
June 23rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't say outright rude, but slightly uncomfortable. His segue into the Rebecca Soni questions was strange. One second he's asking Megan about her pregnancy and then he's asking if anyone can beat Soni.

I think the question about whether or not the pregnancy was planned was OK. This is a woman who has a shot at making the Olympic team. Obviously having a baby less than a year out might be questionable if her goal is making the team.

Megan did do a good job answering all the questions, though. Even the ones that came out of left field a little.

Gydra
June 23rd, 2011, 07:38 PM
I suppose as a mother I just have a different perspective. I know when I was pregnant and was asked that question I was very offended... YES they were planned, and if they weren't, what then? Would you say, "Oh, I'm sorry?" Of course not!!

Allen Stark
June 23rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
I thought Megan was wonderful and handled it very well.It was a poor question,however.