PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Can we get a chatroom?

fmracing
June 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM
What are the chances a chatroom or similar shoutwall could be added to the forum. I've seen them on other vbulletin forums. Then we could talk swim 24/7 without waiting for new posts :applaud:

Bobinator
June 28th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Facebook works pretty well that way. I'm in 4 or 5 special interest groups that chat a lot like that. One of my groups has a "live" session focusing on a certain topic every Wednesday night from 9-10 p.m.

fmracing
June 29th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Yeah but, facebook sucks :)

Bobinator
June 30th, 2011, 12:28 AM
It seems to work pretty well for me. I guess it's all about who you're on there with.

fmracing
June 30th, 2011, 09:39 AM
It seems to work pretty well for me. I guess it's all about who you're on there with.

Yeah you're right about that, but I'm not going to friend and sign up in a group with everyone here either. A forum chatroom would serve this purpose well. I know facebook can replace many things but, that wasn't really what I was asking for.

Michael Heather
June 30th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Many of the threads turn into chats anyway, why change?

fmracing
June 30th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Many of the threads turn into chats anyway, why change?

instant gratification... posts aren't fast enough to be called chat, lol :)

I'm not asking anyone to go crazy over it, just a wishlist item that would enhance my forum experience :) Unrelated: If its gonna cost a load of money to add, then I withdraw my suggestion.

Celestial
July 6th, 2011, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=fmracing;246752]instant gratification... posts aren't fast enough to be called chat, lol :)

Instant Gratification? You must be a sprinter, Lol! :D

bzaks1424
July 7th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Its easy enough to start a chat room on something like IRC - freenode won't even make you sign up!

fmracing
July 7th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Well yeah, theres always irc, but there would be like 2 people in that chat room unless it was a java web client right off this site. People here aren't gonna bother with chat unless it is easy, one click type access. :)

fmracing
July 7th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Instant Gratification? You must be a sprinter, Lol! :D

Well unless they start the 5 or 10m free as an event, there is no instant gratification, even for us sprinters ;)

pshepard
February 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I think a chat room would be nice to meet people with common interests in swimming.

pshepard
February 4th, 2012, 05:45 PM
What are the chances a chatroom or similar shoutwall could be added to the forum. I've seen them on other vbulletin forums. Then we could talk swim 24/7 without waiting for new posts :applaud:
I think a chat room would be nice to meet people with common interests in swimming.

bzaks1424
February 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Just create an IRC chat in Freenode:
http://blog.freenode.net/2008/04/registering-a-channel-on-freenode/

Totally free- call it #usms-swimming or something.

Bobinator
February 4th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I'm assuming everyone on here has an interest in swimming. You can start a thread about whatever you want to discuss and wait to see what happens! Just follow the Yellow Brick Road......................

vimier
March 23rd, 2012, 07:52 PM
I think this is a great idea. What would it be hosted under though? Would it be on this site, or like an IRC chat?

EJB190
July 13th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I think it would be a cool idea. You'd have to integrate it into the site when people are logged in they can know it's there. Otherwise I feel like it would be empty all the time.

Also a great way to pick up some pedophile friends.