PDA

View Full Version : [breaking news] Michael Phelps defects to Australia

Couroboros
July 27th, 2011, 02:08 AM
pictorial evidence (http://a.yfrog.com/img616/6048/3vbuka.jpg)

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, eh, Mike?

:bitching: Well, now, he's shown his true colors. I always did think he was too chummy with the Aussies! I think it's time to riot... who can supply a Phelps effigy?

knelson
July 27th, 2011, 10:01 AM
No, that suit says "USA." You must be dyslexic. :)

TRYM_Swimmer
July 27th, 2011, 10:10 AM
He was just trying to say that he's still awesome. Since he never graduated from UM, his spelling has lapsed lately.

Lump
July 27th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I was talking with a Speedo rep yesterday at a meet and it seems Michael forgets his suit quite often. At least it was still a Speedo suit as they sponsor the AUS team.

Couroboros
July 27th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I bet he realizes between hotel rooms and the pool that he's forgotten his suit and he's always like, "Well, someone will be honored lend me a suit, anyway..."

pendaluft
July 27th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I was talking with a Speedo rep yesterday at a meet and it seems Michael forgets his suit quite often. At least it was still a Speedo suit as they sponsor the AUS team.

he only brings one?

Allen Stark
July 27th, 2011, 05:09 PM

As long as he remembers to wear one before he gets to the blocks it's OK.

Bobinator
July 27th, 2011, 11:03 PM
he only brings one?

You'd think the Speedo rep would be able to give him something to warm-up in at the meet.

hrietz
July 27th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I would not be upset if Michael forgot to put on his suit before he got to the starting blocks!!

Lump
July 27th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I bet he realizes between hotel rooms and the pool that he's forgotten his suit and he's always like, "Well, someone will be honored lend me a suit, anyway..."

Well, it was Eamon Sullivan that loaned him the suit.....he's pretty good in his own right.

You'd think the Speedo rep would be able to give him something to warm-up in at the meet.

I'm sure they have the performance suits at the ready, but not warmup suits. If all else failed I'm sure he could have put on his LZR but was either too lazy or was gonna be in the warmup/down pool for a while.

jim thornton
July 30th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I would not be upset if Michael forgot to put on his suit before he got to the starting blocks!!

You're a pathologist, heather! Surely you've seen plenty of naked stiffs?