PDA

View Full Version : Elite Swimmers Diet

Swimmer85
August 5th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Are there any publications or anyway to find out what the diets are like for Dana Vollmer, Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, etc.? I know some people on this board eat fast food a couple times a week and others just use a combination of delightful foods with veggies from my reading of past threads.

Thank you for your responses.

pwb
August 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Check out Garrett Weber Gale's Food & Water blog -- http://www.garrettwebergale.com/

orca1946
August 5th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Fast food - sure when you are young & use 8,000 cals. a day !!!!!!

thewookiee
August 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
... others just use a combination of delightful foods with veggies ....

This made me laugh. I find fast food delightful. I find fruits and veggies delightful too.

fmracing
August 5th, 2011, 02:17 PM

I am old and eat fast food every day. ;)

thewookiee
August 5th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I am old and eat fast food every day. ;)

Don't forget....fast too.

ps. how old are you?

fmracing
August 5th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Don't forget....fast too.

ps. how old are you?

Compared to some, young. Compared to those that burn 8kcal/day, old. :)

Jazz Hands
August 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Are there any publications or anyway to find out what the diets are like for Dana Vollmer, Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, etc.? I know some people on this board eat fast food a couple times a week and others just use a combination of delightful foods with veggies from my reading of past threads.

Thank you for your responses.

It doesn't matter what they do. Michael Phelps eats a lot of "junk" food, but he needs it for his training volume. You should figure out what to eat so that you can be a successful swimmer.

Bobinator
August 5th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Check out Myplate.gov and adjust the quantity according to the amount of workout you do per week.

jaadams1
August 5th, 2011, 11:39 PM

Daily!! Sometimes a couple of times daily. Soooo good, and so much easier than making a sandwich at home to take to work.