PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!

emilyswilfong
August 27th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I have a question. If you are a part of US Masters Swimming, but are not a member of a local team, can you still swim meets? I am a college student who only has time for 1 or 2 of the scheduled practices per week. And yet I am paying $30 a month to be a part of the team. I want to make sure that I can do meets but save myself the $30 for the practices that I don't attend.

gobears
August 27th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I have a question. If you are a part of US Masters Swimming, but are not a member of a local team, can you still swim meets? I am a college student who only has time for 1 or 2 of the scheduled practices per week. And yet I am paying $30 a month to be a part of the team. I want to make sure that I can do meets but save myself the $30 for the practices that I don't attend.

You do not have to be part of a team to swim meets as long as you are a current USMS member. :)

emilyswilfong
August 27th, 2011, 05:27 PM
thank you so much!

__steve__
August 27th, 2011, 05:40 PM
UNAT, unattached.

ande
August 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM

You don't have to belong to a team to register with USMS,
If you can register USMS as unattached or on a particular team.
Just because you card with a team doesn't mean you have to pay that team training fees. You should pay training fees if you train with team.
Some teams might not want you to be on their team unless you pay their training fees, I'm under the impression that most don't check and don't care.

If you want to swim in a USMS meet you need to be USMS registered, fill out the meet entry form and pay. Many offer online entry.

Here's where you can find upcoming USMS Meets (http://www.usms.org/comp/)

You can also find meets by checking local team and zone websites (http://www.usms.org/lmsc/).

Remember that USMS has 3 seasons
SCM ends 12/31 Zones
SCY ends 05/31 Nats & Zones
LCM ends 08/31 Nats & Zones

Have Fun, Swim faster faster,

Ande

orca1946
August 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Have you told the team you can't afford the monthly fee? Tell them you only want to swim meets & they might cut you a break !

OR register as un attached & just show up & pay the meet fees .

emilyswilfong
August 29th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I talked to the coach and I will be doing the practices that I can without the fee.

orca1946
August 29th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Good reply, we all wish you well. Swim on my friend:D