September 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Are you or any of your friends in it?

We Are U.S. Masters Swimming - Promotional Video - YouTube

smontanaro
September 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
+1!

Freight Train
September 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Yep, the Dad, his son, also my coach and some team mates at 2:08.

ElaineK
September 19th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Yep! That's me in the blue cap and light blue Tyr T-72 goggles, at 2:05 (blink and you miss it). I was in the warm-up pool, at Auburn Nationals.

I LOVED the video! :applaud: It was so energizing and inspiring! As soon as I finished watching it, I sent the link to a swimming buddy of mine, in my community, who I am encouraging to join USMS.

TRYM_Swimmer
September 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
The still photo from the early 70's that flashed by contains some of the pioneers, including Ransom Arthur, the father of us all, and maybe Dick Rahe, and Judge Bob Beach.

I have shared it with all of my Facebook friends with the comment: "Here's what floats my boat!"

cheakamus
September 19th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I have shared it with all of my Facebook friends with the comment: "Here's what floats my boat!"

ditto. my comment: "Masters swimming changed my life!"

ALM
September 19th, 2011, 04:21 PM
The still photo from the early 70's that flashed by contains some of the pioneers, including Ransom Arthur, the father of us all, and maybe Dick Rahe, and Judge Bob Beach.

You can view that photo here: http://www.usms.org/photo.php?p=1169

You will see that all but one person have been identified. The original photo had the people's first names written in the margins so we know that his first name is Alan. If you know his last name, please let me know.

TRYM_Swimmer
September 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM
You can view that photo here: http://www.usms.org/photo.php?p=1169

You will see that all but one person have been identified. The original photo had the people's first names written in the margins so we know that his first name is Alan. If you know his last name, please let me know.

Nope, doesn't ring a bell.

By the way, Anna Lea, great article in Swimmer. I'm with you all the way.

Swimosaur
September 19th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Done! My comment: "It really is a lot of fun!"

ElaineK
September 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM
By the way, Anna Lea, great article in Swimmer. I'm with you all the way.

I agree! :hijack: Ok, it's off the subject of the video, but not really. Hopefully, the video gave all viewers the sense that USMS is INCLUSIVE and for EVERYBODY who loves to swim! And, from what I have experienced, USMS Nationals is the same. I have been to three Nationals, since joining USMS, in February, 2010; the first one after being a member for only two months and having been out of competition for 32 years! I was a cellar dweller, along with Ana Lea, in our age group. Did we care? Nope! I had a great time at Nationals and meeting Ana Lea was part of what made it so terrific. She was upbeat, positive, and there to have FUN. We didn't win any medals but I think I can speak for Ana Lea that neither of us cared one bit. It was a fantastic experience and the best part of it was meeting so many great swimmers who didn't care about our rankings either. As a matter of fact, Allen Stark, the current 200 breaststroke world record holder (60-64), was at my lane watching my races and giving me feedback after I finished. Had I felt intimidated or worried about my newbie (and slow) status and not shown up to Nationals, I would have missed out on these terrific experiences!

Ana Lea, you GO GIRL!